Our Sr. Security Engineers thrive on technical problem solving, enjoy working with our internal and external customers, and are passionate about security. We have strong troubleshooting skills and the tenacity to get to the bottom of an issue. We are Subject Matter Experts on our product/services and work with engineering to ensure that new services can be supported. We work very closely with Engineering and Product teams to implement these enhancements.
- Design, build and maintain Signal Sciences internal systems security architecture.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Make impactful decisions about systems and security — their edge cases, failure modes, and lifecycles
- Architect and build out solutions and frameworks that address current and future threats to Signal Sciences internal systems and infrastructure
- Design and implement effective attack detection strategies and techniques
QUALITIES / EXPERIENCE WE’RE SEEKING
You have an understanding of web application security and experience with general security technologies, processes, and concepts, with experience of Unix and web-related programming or scripting languages: Golang, Ruby, Python, Shell Scripting. You have worked in technical support, engineering, IT, Technical project management, or consulting. This individual contributor role is suitable for mid and senior-level security engineers and has the potential for growth and leadership.
- You can learn new things and take on new challenges quickly. You’re flexible and a creative problem solver
- You enjoy working with customers and helping them find solutions to technical issues
- You have relationship-building skills, can positively influence the actions of others, and work as a team player
- You understand security engineering principles, and how to consider when a “best practice” may not be the best choice or positively impact actual security
- You are passionate about security, and understand each control or process has a “cost” that must be thought about critically and from the point-of-view of all stakeholders
- You believe the best security teams are the ones who focus on being enablers, not blockers and provide security guidance with empathy