Sr. Security engineer
- The Sr. Security ENGINEER shall be responsible for the day-to-day activities required harden the security of client network.
- Working in a collaborative team environment, the lead engineer will work with stakeholders both internal and external to protect and defend the client network from intrusions.
- Sr Security engineer will play a critical role in Incident Response information gathering efforts and shall support continuity of operations efforts for the client at all times.
- Sr Security ENGINEER shall work with key team members to ensure measures are in place to protect the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) of the client network.
The Sr Security ENGINEER shall be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Management and administration of SIEM tools
- Identify events of interest and investigate them for signs of abuse or misuse
- Remote management of infected machines – alert, analyze and remediate infections remotely
- Review application, system, and network logs for evidence of malicious activity
- Support auditing performed by third parties as part of C&A efforts and/or managed services
- Support incident response activities
- Document and report monitoring and incident response activities on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Ensure all operations tools and infrastructure is operating normally
- Train, mentor, and supervise junior analysts and/or engineers
- Shift-work assignment hours which will be based on typical rotating shifts to support security operations.
- BA/BS in Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering, Computer Sciences, information Technology, Information Management, or related field prefer
- Extensive experience managing Security Incident Event Management Systems
- Experience implementing security solutions
- Expert knowledge in Information Security best practices
- Network Routing, Switching, and Security Design
- OSI model and TCP/IP stack
- Overall IT experience