Req. ID: 118086
Senior Security Engineer
We are changing the way Micron Technology, Inc. thinks about IT Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) and are looking for an experienced security engineer who can help shape the future.
In this role you will be part of a fast-paced team focusing on Security Operations in Micron’s IT Infrastructure Operations.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
This role will focus on various security technologies within IT Operations and Engineering, some of the key areas being:
- Collaborate with Workplace IT and Cyber Defense teams to engineer and implement security solutions
- Improve support plans and maintain oversight for security technologies
- Partner with the Cyber Defense and Security Operations team members to continuously improve identity integration support plans
- Proactively communicate relevant technical information and alerts on known issues, hot fixes and security bulletins to technical teams
- Engineer security solutions to the specifications of the Cyber Defense team requirements
- Continuously improve security technical controls that can be scaled for a worldwide enterprise
Qualifications and Experience
- 10 years’ experience in information technology demonstrating progressive roles with increasing responsibilities
- 5 years or more in an information security engineering role
- 2 years’ experience engineering and implementing cloud security technologies
- General knowledge of security concepts such as access controls, identity management, data classification and loss prevention
- Ability to balance security with end user productivity to provide transparent, secure solutions for Micron team members
- Scripting ability in popular platforms
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal)
- Strong skills in decision-making, prioritization and negotiation
CISSP, EC Council (CEH etc.), and SANS (GIAC, GSEC, etc.) certification and/or participation in security organizations such as ISSA, MTCIA, ISCA, etc. are a plus.
Agile certifications are a plus
2 times per year Travel
1-2 weeks Travel Type
B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, other technical disciplines or equivalent work experience.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.