$100K — $150K *
In this role, you will be part of a dedicated team of talented security engineers performing vulnerability research, penetration testing and red team exercises to identify vulnerabilities. You will strive to understand systems, software, and services deeply and develop creative ways to break assumptions in order to find vulnerabilities. You care deeply about keeping Amazon customers safe and therefore are passionate about mitigating vulnerabilities/risks by providing actionable guidance to product teams and drive long term security improvements. You're well-known for your excellent prioritization skills as well as your ability to communicate at all levels of an organization. If you're passionate about finding security bugs, writing tools to reduce manual testing, and enjoy seeing your work's impact across Amazon consumer products and services, then this position is for you. Candidates from entry to senior level will all be considered.
· Perform penetration testing and red team exercises across all products, services, and software released by Amazon Lab126 and develop proof of concept exploits.
· Perform vulnerability detection using variety of automated static, dynamic analysis as well as custom tooling (e.g. static analyzers, fuzzers, scanners, analyzers, etc.) to scale vulnerability detection and enable easier analysis of externally reported issues.
· Review technical solutions to provide guidance to help mitigate security vulnerabilities as well as provide actionable long-term risk mitigation guidance to drive security improvements
· Create tools for the discovery of vulnerabilities as well as scale security testing.
· Develop detailed technical documentation describing identified vulnerabilities, associated impact as well as recommendations for guidance for communication with internal engineering stakeholders as well as leadership.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Cyber Security or a related field
· 7+ years relevant work experience
· 2+ year of development experience in C, C++, assembly (x86, x86-64, ARM) and/or Java
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Experience in embedded/IoT device security or web services security specifically, with experience of performing software security audits, vulnerability discovery and analysis.
· Experience with common software security vulnerabilities and methods of exploitation, such as memory corruption, privilege escalation, web application exploitation, file format vulnerabilities, protocol-based weaknesses, etc.
· Experience with static and dynamic tools for vulnerability detection and exploit mitigation techniques
· Product security incident response in mobile, IoT or cloud services verticals
· Experience with extracting firmware, reverse engineering a variety of hardware and software, including firmware, operating systems, and applications, binary analysis and proof of concept exploit development
· Knowledge of common wireless connectivity protocols with focus on protocol and implementation security vulnerabilities (e.g. Bluetooth, WiFi, 802.15.4)
· Knowledge of hardware security mechanisms, including secure boot, trusted execution environments
Valid through: 1/19/2021