Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved. We are committed to making sure our employees love their jobs and have been honored with numerous employer-awards including: Fastest Growing Private Companies, Best Place to Work for Millennials, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Place to Work for Women under 35 – and more.
What You'll Do
The Sr. Security Consultant responsibilities include:
- Provide design, implementation and support expertise to clients and project teams
- Understand customer requirements and align with technology solutions
- Manage and execute project level tasks and milestones
- Mentor junior and mid-level consultants
- Participate in business development and pre-sales activities
- Ongoing evaluation and improvement of internal processes
- Stay current on market trends, technologies and best practices
In addition, you will join a Center of Excellence where you'll interact with your peers across the country to help develop best practices and future solutions.
Who You Are
- You have a strong IT and Consulting background.
- You have strong business acumen and are adept at communicating across all levels how technical solutions solve business problems.
- You stay up-to-date on the latest technology and security trends, regulatory and legal compliance requirements, vulnerabilities and security controls.
- You build relationships and bring considerable value, partnering with clients as a trusted advisor.
- You provide leadership both internally and externally to move work forward and meet objectives.
- You are dedicated to continual learning and staying current on technology to always have a point-of-view worth sharing.
- You have excellent communication skills whether that be in-person, over-the-phone or e-mail.
- You don't mind responsibility, you're accountable for your work and dedicated to a job well done.
- You're willing to travel.
The Tech Stuff
- Strong understanding of network security architectures, solutions, processes, frameworks, and components
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity and able to provide strategic security advisory services
- Hands-on experience developing security policies, vulnerability management, and governance strategies
- Hands-on experience working with Palo Alto Networks products
- Hands-on experience implementing infrastructure and application security solutions
- Network protection including firewalls, IDS/IPS, SSL, VPN, and NAC
- Incident response including security monitoring, network and endpoint visibility, threat management, and forensics
- Identity management experience preferred