At Cogeco, our culture lifts you up—there is no ego in the way. Our common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us unique on the market: agile, dedicated, problem solvers.
You’ll benefit from:
Flexibility: yes, we think that what you do matters. At work and at home.
Fun: we laugh a lot, it makes every day brighter.
Discounted services: we provide amazing services to our clients, and you’ll get them at home, because you deserve them.
Rewarding Pay: let’s be honest, everybody likes to make a good salary. We offer attractive compensation packages, and it comes with a great culture.
Benefits: we’ve got you covered.
Career Evolution: join us and we will give you the tools to achieve your career goals!
Technology: you have a passion for technology? Excellent, we do too. Here, you will manage, influence, play, create, fix, and shape the industry.
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals wishing to join our company, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Network Security Architect is responsible for supporting the network architecture in line with Cogeco's business needs and security management framework.
The resource must provide guidelines, write security requirements, actively contribute to deliverables related to security architecture activities and act as an expert in solving technical challenges.
- Define, design and implement the network security architecture by offering strong resiliency in the face of technological threats.
- Act as an expert in the resolution and analysis of security incidents involving networks.
- Set up architectural patterns based on Zero Trust Model to secure networks "by design".
- Identify weaknesses, potential vulnerabilities and risks in collaboration with security teams.
- Secure the networks according to the identified risks and the security requirements mentioned in the Security Documents.
- Work closely with domain experts and operational security teams in subsidiaries, and business units.
- Ensure that contributions are made in accordance with Cogeco's security management framework, documentation standards and approved security benchmarks (NIST CSF, NIST 800, CIS Benchmark, ITIL, FAIR).
- Actively contribute to the development of security policies and standards.
- Ensure compliance with the planning and the quality of architectural deliverables.
- Ensure customer satisfaction for each contribution.
- Identify and map the networks used by the systems and keep them up to date over time.
- Provide an activity report on a weekly basis.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Design SMART security solutions (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-bound).
- Identify potential issues and propose solutions collaboratively.
- Bachelor, Diploma or Certificate recognized in Computer Security.
- More than 10 years of experience in IT, including 10 years in IT Security.
- 5 years of experience in network security architecture.
- Experience in using and implementing at least 4 of the following tools: CISCO, Radware, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Citrix Netscale.
- Architectural background: Zero Trust Model.
- Strong experience in securing internal and external networks.
- Strong knowledge of security standards (NIST CSF, NIST 800 Series, FAIR, CIS Benchmark, ITIL).
- Strong technical knowledge of routing and switching protocols including TCP / IP, STP, EIGRP, BGP, IPSec, MPLS, SD-WAN, QoS and complex routing protocol configuration.
- Strong knowledge of platforms: Windows, Linux, Virtualization (VMware / vRA, Hyper-V, PowerVC, Citrix).
- Strong experience in isolation and micro segmentation (physical and virtual): Firewall, ACL, Web Filtering.
- Architectural experience in networks: LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, TCP / IP, VoIP, Cisco Routers / Switches, VMware NSX, MPLS, Internet Backbone and Network Monitoring.
- Experience in securing networks (SSL, AES, VPN, etc.).
- Experience in CDN network architecture (content delivery management).
- Network virtualization experience.
- Experience in managing authentication certificates.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with others and work in a team.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion with confidential information.
- Good interpersonal skills, communication and organization.
- Analysis and planning skills.
- Excellent oral and drafting skills for security documents and processes (FR / EN).
Would be an asset:
- Security certifications: CCSP, CISSP, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP), Cisco Certified Internetwork expert (CCIE Security written) is a plus.
- Experience in systems and process automation.
- Experience in telephone and cellular network architecture.
- Experience in a Telecommunications company and a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable legal and regulatory environments (Protection of personal information, Regulation of listed companies (52-109), Protection of telecommunications infrastructures).
- Ability to understand business needs and potential issues in terms of security and compliance.
- Experience in the coordination of several projects.
- Ability to multitask and efficiently in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to be creative in resolving issues.