$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
The SEC Senior Analyst will participate in researching and documenting technical accounting analyses of complex transactions, documenting accounting policies, and monitoring and implementing new accounting standards within corporate accounting.
The SEC Senior Analyst will assist in the preparation of detailed financial disclosures under US GAAP, based on communications with various accounting, finance and other department inputs. The SEC Senior Analyst will be responsible for assisting in the completion of all financial statements and SEC filings, as required. The SEC Senior Analyst will be responsible for monitoring status and completeness of all tasks assigned, ensure timely completion in accordance with established deadlines, and interfacing with other internal and external parties.
The SEC Senior Analyst may also be involved in other corporate accounting activities.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Supports Manager SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting in reviewing SEC filings for adequate disclosure through review of required disclosure check lists.
2. Researching accounting and disclosure requirements of new accounting standards and transactions, considering relevant accounting literature and the effect on the company's financial statements.
3. Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial statements and related footnotes for inclusion in quarterly and annual SEC filings, ensuring compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements under US GAAP and the SEC, as applicable.
4. Prepare subsidiary financial statements for various reporting obligations, ensuring compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements under US GAAP.
5. Update and maintain accounting internal control policies and procedures and provide supporting documentation to internal audit regarding completion of control procedures.
6. Review and assess new and modified project contracts for appropriate revenue recognition.
7. Assist in managing the Company's accounting for equity compensation plans
8. Assist in the preparation of impairment tests quarterly, annually and as required of the Company's consolidated tangible and intangible assets.
9. Coordinate with external auditors to provide requested documentation regarding financial statements and accounting treatment for specific transactions.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform the following supportive function, with the percentage of time to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Perform special projects as needed.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Computer, general office equipment.
General office environment.
Be able to lift up to 30lbs unassisted.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Prior experience with customer contract review, revenue recognition analysis and accounting under ASC 606
- Experience in researching and documenting technical accounting issues
- Experience in assisting with SEC reporting requirements for a publicly-traded company
- Ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing; including communication of accounting policies and procedures to corporate and field-based team members
- Attention to detail to prepare SEC filings and other financial statements
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, and Word
- Strong Microsoft Office Excel computer skills
- Ability to disaggregate, analyze and reconcile consolidated financial data in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to coordinate between corporate office and programs
- Understanding of general accounting policies and procedures at a transaction level
- Experience working with Workiva
- Experience with XBRL
- Experience working with a comprehensive ERP system – general ledger and reporting modules.
- 2+ years public accounting experience
Familiarity with and application of ASC 606 accounting and disclosure standards
Previous SEC reporting experience
Solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles)
Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints
Project management skills
Excellent communication and planning skills
Aptitude to resolve issues under tight timeframes and pressure
Proactive work style; desire to take on additional responsibilities
Highly proficient PC skills—Excel and Word
Strong oral and written communication skills
Valid Through: 2019-11-1