Align Technology, Inc. is a medical device company engaged in the design, manufacture, and marketing of Invisalign®, a proprietary method of straightening teeth without wires and brackets. We wish to supplement our accounting team with a strong team player, who will be detail oriented and has proven abilities in preparing clear and concise documentation for SEC filings and accounting positions. He/she should be a self-starter with critical thinking skills combined with a high-energy personality and a personal sense of flexibility and humor to adapt to the quick reporting cycle. This position will report to the Senior Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assistance with timely preparation and filing of annual and periodic SEC filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, including development of timeline, gathering of data, updates to document, and coordination of review and approvals, EDGARization and XBRL tagging.
- Timely preparation and filing of other SEC filings on Forms 8-K and S-8, working with legal team as needed.
- Assist legal with the preparation and filing of the annual proxy statement.
- Assist with the preparation/review of quarterly Audit Committee packages, earnings press releases and financial statements, earnings conference call scripts and otherfinancial data summaries for investor relations
- Support Investor Relations with review of analyst presentations and questions
- Analyze disclosures of competitors or other medical device companies in order to improve consistency and comparability.
- Work with legal, investor relations and management to assess potential changes/improvements and lead the preparation of disclosures.
- Proactively identify, research, evaluate, and communicate on significant new or existing transactions or accounting related issues.
- Communicate and provide relevant suggestions to management related to technical accounting and disclosure matters.
- Prepare position papers and provide technical training to the accounting team as needed. Communicate with auditors.
- Research and implement new accounting standards as required.
- Assist in annual impairment testing for Goodwill and Intangible Assets.
- Analysis and review of Segment Reporting.
- Ensure SOX 404 compliance for areas of responsibility including the documentation and review of accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with preparation of periodic filings for the Department of Commerce and U.S. Census Bureau.
- Responsible for lease accounting including, but not limited to, assist in transitioning to new lease accounting guidance, assessing accounting impact of new leases, maintaining the lease software, and recording of lease entries into financial system.
- Builds solid relationships with business partners
- Apply accounting regulations with a practical business approach
- Highly motivated, detail oriented and team oriented
- Excellent critical thinking and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must meet strict deadlines and effectively manage stress
- Clearly able to identify and initiate process improvements
- Takes initiative for continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Must possess uncompromising business ethics
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities
- Assertive presentation of goals, strategies, vision and tactics
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS in Accounting or equivalent is required
- Certified Public Accountant with an “active” status preferred
- 6+ years work experience in Accounting/Finance, including 2+ years of public accounting experience (Big 4 preferred)
- Skilled in U.S. GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- Experience with eXtensible Business Reporting Language (“XBRL”) tagging preferred
- Recent experience in evaluating accounting pronouncements and position papers
- Experience with Webfilings preferred