Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).
If the mere mention of the terms negative keywords, exact match, schema, canonical tag, AMP, 301 redirect, robots.txt, long tail searches, and bounce rate give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside, you may just be the Sr. Search Manager Lands' End is looking for.
We are seeking a talented Sr. Search Manager who knows how to expertly assess both Paid Search/SEM and SEO performance of any given website, make recommendations on how to enhance the site’s organic SEO performance, and finally execute the plan for improving the site’s SEO. This individual will employ varying optimization strategies across a wide array of eCommerce sites. This master of the search engines will have a comprehensive understanding of Paid Search text ads & PLA optimization, on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO, and have a systematic approach to analyzing a site and optimizing it to reach desired performance goals.
We are looking for someone who is highly analytical to effectively measure and manage the search intent campaigns and who will relentlessly seek to improve and optimize the programs. You must to have solid communication skills and the capability to effectively report on strategy, tactics, and performance.
Should you possess an unquestionable passion for Search (SEM & SEO), an ability to learn and apply new Digital Marketing skills quickly, and an uncanny (and perhaps superhuman) commitment to organization and time management, then you are the candidate we’ve been waiting for.
The Sr. Search Manager is responsible for leading the development and execution of innovative and effective search engine marketing strategies and programs. Working closely with the Sr. Director of Digital Marketing, this position will be expected to provide search strategies, campaign plans, day-to-day management of external agencies, perform competitive analysis, program audits, and budget management. The position drives traffic, sales and new customer acquisition.
- Accountable for sales generation in excess of $300MM
- Effectively lead development and communicate Paid Search & SEO search strategies in support Lands’ End business strategies from concept through delivery, implementing best practice processes to increase efficiency and quality wherever possible.
- Provide guidance to external search agency to refine and implement strategies with keen focus on acquiring new customers efficiently.
- Partners with other Digital Marketing team members and merchants to ensure marketing programs are aligned and integrated with seasonal and ever-green campaigns.
- Guide and QA technical work and content for best practices
- Stay abreast of Search Engine industry and competitive landscape to develop relevant, successful strategies.
- Manage and develop multiple direct reports
- Coordinate SEM activities with the Paid Search agency
- Coordinate SEO activities with the Digital Marketing Team
- Perform keyword research, Landing Page audits, and analysis for website(s) pages
- Analyze the SEO performance of websites
- Develop a strategy for achieving line of business goals as they pertain to Search Engine traffic
- Perform on-page SEO of content, technical SEO audits and correct errors
- Create and execute SEO content strategies for driving awareness, consideration, and conversion on managed websites
- Accept and respond to Search requests and questions from Digital Marketing Managers in a timely manner
- Provide reporting on SEM & SEO activities in a timely fashion
- Audit backlink profiles & perform link building activities
- Fix crawl errors as reported by Google Search Console
- Use Google Analytics to decipher user behavior and make recommendations for improvements to sites
- Remain at the forefront of Google technology and algorithms, undertaking relevant training on a regular basis.
- Absolutely must have a passion for Digital Marketing!
- BachelorDegree in Computer Science, Marketing, Business or any quantitative or analytical related fields
- 5+ years of SEM Manager experience ideally with a top online retailer.
- 3+ years of SEO Manager experience ideally with a top online retailer.
- Strong experience using Google AdWords
- Strong experience using Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Experience conducting a search engine optimization (SEO) campaign
- Deep knowledge of the SEO best practices including tactics, keyword analysis, title and meta-tag coding, link building, domain issues, page analysis, site redirection, dynamic site indexing, copywriting and general troubleshooting.
- Ability to analyze SEO reports in order to provide insights into campaigns based on the data
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Proven project management forte with successful program implementations and deliveries.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and deliverables
- Must have great creative energy and ability to generate ideas
- Ability to function autonomously and also within a team environment
- Ability to work under minimal guidance.
- Passionate, autonomous in your approach but collaborative in execution
- Ability to create buy-in from multiple constituents in a collaborative cross-functional environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficient with Excel reporting (Dashboard, Pivot, Vlookup, filters, validations and other useful functions)
- Strong knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Knowledge and experience of E-commerce and CMS platforms
- Experience working on SEO for multiple websites simultaneously a plus
- Leveraging customer LTV segments to build similar audiences and to optimize bid management a plus
- Hands on experience with a paid search management platform, such as Marin, Kenshoo, or DoubleClick for Search (DS3) a plus
- Experience with tag management solutions preferred, such as Tealium, Google Tag Manager, Ensighten a plus
- Experience with conversion rate optimization, online user behavior, A/B & multivariate testing a plus
- Experience with a Marketing Attribution tool and platform a plus
- Knowledge of SQL, Perl, Python a plus.