We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Retirement Plan Services (RPS) technology team is responsible for design, implementation, and deployment of mission critical projects and applications that support the requirements of our business and customer community and provide robust and continuous operation for the management of our clients' retirement accounts. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Senior Software QA Manager to lead all aspects of testing and releases of the applications in our portfolio.
What you’ll do:
- You will lead a team of Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET’s) and QA Engineers throughout the software testing lifecycle ensuring high engagement and high performance in application delivery.
- Working withothertechnology and business leaders you will manage overall portfolio resourcing, scope, delivery, and operational robustness. You will participate in program level, project level, and technical governance decision making and execution.
- Explore ways to continuously improve quality, delivery, and innovation of our processes and solutions
- Provide management, leadership and technical guidance to test teams
- Provide oversight and scheduling coordination for QA activities performed by the QA Team in support of systems and software projects for major lines of business
- Foster stable support framework for development teams and business units in the area of quality assurance and the development of new or revised applications
What you have:
- 8+ years in Quality Assurance, and experience in leading the QA delivery of highly complex integrated projects.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- 5+ years of automation framework development and enhancement
- 5+ years of Object Oriented/.NET development experience
- 5+ years with Microsoft and Atlassian testing stacks including Microsoft Test Manager and JIRA.
- Minimum B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proven experience with Web, desktop and middle tier applications and architectures.
- Demonstrated competency of AgileSCRUM and Kanban methodologies.
- Demonstrated competency with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- In-depth software engineering and development lifecycle knowledge a plus
- Quick learner and self-starter who requires minimal supervision to excel in a dynamic environment
- Proven success in partnering and influencing multiple internal domains and external software vendors.
- Previous experience working effectively in globally diverse teams and matrixed organizations
- Proven experience of implementing process improvement at an organizational level
- Ability to anticipate future risks and take mitigating steps.
- Total Rewards Performance Management methods a plus
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Talent Developer
- Exceptional Communicator
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life