Are you an experienced developer looking for a small, stable and rapidly growing company in a hot market? Are you interested in developing cutting-edge technology that delivers live television broadcasts over the Internet? Live streaming is exploding like never before, and now is the time to capitalize on this opportunity. We partner with top broadcasters around the world to deliver high-quality, live sporting and eSports events for cable “cord-cutters” while also powering traditional TV channels. If you viewed any of the past several Olympics, SuperBowls, EPL soccer matches, NASCAR races, PGA tournaments, BlizzCon, eLeauge, or other large-scale live events online, you’ve witnessed firsthand how iStreamPlanet is powering next generation Internet broadcasting.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help build the next generation platform for streaming video applications. We are a small, independent team that values great work and hustle. We build quickly and improve continuously. Our platform will power highly visible consumer applications and will be a great addition to your career portfolio.
- Design and build services to manage video content, administer application users, process payments, record and analyze analytics, serve content recommendations and provide other foundational services to consumer applications.
- Use and develop best practices in microservice design, implementing in Go on Kubernetes in the AWS environment
- Collect and synthesize system requirements from product management and the engineering team
- Work independently with minimal guidance
- Deliver quickly, regularly and iteratively with the rest of the engineering team in an agile process
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong coding skills in Go, Java, C#, or C++
- Middle-tier/back-end service development experience
- Linux development experience
- Passion for learning new technologies
- Highly motivated to deliver working software in a short time window and to improve the system continuously over time.
- Desire to engage with and further our collaborative culture.
- Go language proficiency
- Experience with Kubernetes and AWS
- REST API design experience
- Microservice design and development experience