For this Scrum Master/Project Manager role, we are looking for a servant leader who can drive clear communication among their teams of technologists to reach the appropriate goals. Please refer Essential Job Function section to know more about responsibility as Scrum Master. As a Scrum Master you will drive the appropriate methodology (Scrum/Kanban etc.) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team. As a project manager, you will drive strategy and execute on high priority projects. This highly visible role requires technical breadth, business acumen, and multi-faceted communication skills. The scrum master/project manager will facilitate/optimize team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team as well as business needs. The position will be filled by a candidate with exceptional drive and energy, solid analytical and problem solving skills, strong verbal and written communications skills, and hands-on experience in technology. This position is also responsible for tracking and maintaining all project metrics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Directs the project throughout the life cycle, defining project objectives, aligning project resources to achieve goals and ensuring established timelines are accomplished.
- Coordinates with Business Partners, Technical Analysts and Developers to identify and define specifications, indicate areas of system impact and continuously communicate project status and needs.
- Integrates Agile & Lean principles into team practices and work products ensuring quality and continuous delivery.
- Proactively identifies impediments and appropriately resolves using network of peers and formal channels (including escalation if required) to make sure that team is able to deliver the sprint goal.
- Serves as scrum master for one or more teams and will be responsible for multiple projects and every part of the project lifecycle from kickoff, design, development, testing, and submission.
- Introduces new and advanced practices to improve the team and their delivery.
- Track the team against established KPIs to ensure efficient delivery and Utilize team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and work with the team to improve continuously.
- Coaches the team to improve collaboration and self-organization.
- Must employ certain techniques to the team and be a practitioner of Scrum best practices, organization and collaboration with the represented business areas and technical teams.
- Should have a good working knowledge of Scrum principles, practices and theory, as well as knowledge of patterns and techniques for filling the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (i.e. numerous Burndown technologies, Retrospective formats, processes in bugs and defects, minimal viable product approaches).
- Individual should have experience with successful Agile techniques, such as User Stories, Storyboarding, User Review sessions, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing, Capacity Planning, Deployment planning, and execution, etc.
- Individual will work with business analysts, designers, software engineers, and QA specialists to create and organize high-level requirements into user stories and tasks, manage and prioritize the product backlog, participate in scrums and meta-scrums, and validate delivered solution designs.
- Individual should feel equally comfortable describing recommended plan and progress against milestones to executives, as you would be discussing technical details impacting plan and milestones with engineers.
- Organize and facilitate various agile ceremonies such as daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meeting.
- Collaborate with external clients and vendors as needed on requirements definition and feature development. Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of systems environments, such as production, development, and test, and release procedures.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and mentor teams.
- Knowledge of and experience with Agile SCRUM and Agile Kanban SDLCs.
- Ability to communicate SDLC concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to manage and mentor people and multiple concurrent projects.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple work assignments with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to take initiative and maintain a sense of urgency.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member and as a leader.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or related experience. Minimum five (5) years' experience with Information Technology.
- 5+ Years' experience leading teams in Scrum and Agile methodology in an enterprise IT environment.
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP) preferred.
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to synthesize storyline and adjust messages and style based on different audiences and agendas.
- Familiarity with modern software engineering techniques such as continuous integration, build, deliver, test-driven development and other automated acceptance testing techniques.
- Experience with communicating status and providing updates to executive level management.
- Experience with negotiating prioritization between Product Owners and Technical leadership.
- Experience working with agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects for a large enterprise.
- Highly adaptable to a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse and a geographically dispersed teams.
- Must be self-motivated, as well as, creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and able to deal with all levels of management and stakeholders.
- Financial services background is preferred, but not mandatory.