Sr. Scrum Master - Group Insurance IT PMO
As the Sr. Consultant, Scrum Master, you will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects and initiatives for Lincoln’s Group Insurance IT PMO area, to ensure Scrum theory, practices, and rules are understood and enacted. The Scrum Master will support two or more scrum teams within a fast-paced application development environment while adhering to Scrum principles. You will lead complex large scale and enterprise-wide Agile programs and coordinate with various program support teams. As needed, this role will also provide the above utilizing other methodologies such as waterfall and iterative development. In these instances, the role will serve as a Sr. Project Manager.
- Leads two or more Scrum/Project teams facilitating progress toward delivery goals using Agile practices and other delivery methodologies and coordinates with other non-scrum teams involved in the effort.
- Manages budget and schedules for assigned programs/projects.
- Identifies dependencies and removes impediments to scrum team’s progress.
- Facilitates core Agile ceremonies with two or more teams (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Demo, Retrospective and Backlog refinement) or other communicate events required for the orchestration of projects.
- Reports on Agile metrics such as velocity and cycle time or other project key performance indicators such as schedule variance, budget variance, outcomes variance, and changes in scope.
- Manages internal and external communication, improves transparency, and communicates information throughout the organization.
- Facilitates collaborative sessions with internal clients and/or external vendors on complex/large-scale projects to formulate creative and practical solutions to software challenges.
- Fosters assigned scrum/project teams to self-organization; ensures and supports empowerment of the team.
- Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Keeps the teams focused on the Sprint and achieving Sprint goals or project goals.
- Coaches his/her scrum teams and other scrum teams to support Agile adoption and application of principles.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for Lincoln’s Group Insurance IT PMO area.
- 4 Year Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience in IT or related business field
- PMP / PgMP / PfMP / CAPM / PMI-PBA / PMI-ACP / CSM Certifications preferred but not required
- 5 – 7+ Years of experience as a Scrum Master or Project Manager leading multiple software development project teams to deliver high-quality software solutions using Agile techniques or other delivery methodologies (waterfall, iterative, incremental, etc.) (Required)
- Thorough understanding of multiple SDLC methodologies with an emphasis on Agile
- Experience managing multiple teams simultaneously, including onsite and remote team members
- Experience managing product and sprint backlogs, and executing effectively and efficiently using Agile techniques such as Scrum or Kanban
- Knowledge of other delivery approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, water fall, iterative, incremental, etc.
- Experience with Scrum Coaching of assigned scrum teams
- Strong experience in managing multiple custom software development efforts
- Knowledge of enterprise Agile and project management tools
- Experience with Business Transformational Program Management
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MSP) #LI-KM1