We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
What you’ll do:
As a servant-leader, the Scrum Master leads dedicated teams to deliver business value through their development and delivery execution. He/she works with Product Owners to ensure the appropriate development and delivery of the prioritized backlog. Scrum Masters have above average communication and facilitation skills, are well organized, and exhibit above average follow-up and follow-through skills. They facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution. They evangelize, demonstrate, and live the Agile values and principles as stated in the Agile Manifesto.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Be a servant leader: You receive as much satisfaction from facilitating others’ success as your own.
- Remove impediments: You do everything in your power to remove obstacles that are preventing the team from accomplishing its Sprint goals.
- Radiate information: You make sure that all information needed to ensure the team’s progress and successes are highly visible to all stakeholders, including the team itself (e.g. backlogs, burndown/up charts, etc.)
- Support the Product Owner: You work to assist the Product Owner, through communicating updates and removing impediments, assisting with backlog and release plan maintenance, etc.
- Facilitate creativity and empowerment for the development team: You foster an environment where creativity and empowerment can flourish.
- Improve the team’s engineering practices and tools as needed: You make sure teams have the tools and know-how they need to succeed.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. You ensure that everyone—the Product Owner, the team, and various other stakeholders—are always up-to-speed.
What you have:
- Servant Leadership – Able to garner respect from your teams, lead and demonstrate value-add principles, and willing and able to get your hands dirty to get the job done.
- Communicative and social skills – Able to communicate well with your Teams.
- Enthusiasm and high-energy.
- Continual improvement - Constantly learning new tools and techniques to grow your craft, yourself, and your Teams.
- Attitude of transparency – Desire and ability to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow trust between the business and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field, or related experience.
- Fully educated and conversant on the Scrum process according to the Scrum Guide.
- A thorough understanding and appreciation for the Agile values and principles.
- Thorough understanding of:ScrumMaster Certification.
- Backlog grooming and relative estimating
- Release planning
- Sprint planning
- Scrum metrics such as Sprint burndown, release burnup, & velocity, to name a few
- Sprint review best practices and techniques
- A variety of retrospective techniques
- 5+ years of experience in a software development environment preferably involving cross-team dependencies.
- 3+ years of experience owning and managing customer expectations, project schedules, status and reporting and change management.
- 3-5years of experience as a Scrum Master.
- Experience with 1 additional methodology besides Scrum.
- Experience with 1 or more scaled Agile frameworks (SAFe, LeSS, DAD, Nexus).
- Have led teams in a large, complex enterprise environment where successful projects potentially involve more than 1Scrum team.
- Have led a team to mature their adoption of the Scrum process and can articulate the value in doing so.
- Ability to apply a wide variety of patterns and techniques to enable the team to achieve success
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals.
- Conflict resolution: Able to facilitate discussion of issues and different approaches and alternatives, and effectively resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Facilitate: Able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team.
- Assertive: Able to ensure Agile and Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, be a voice of reason and authority, and make the tough calls.
- Situationally aware: Be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them as appropriate.
- Attitude of empowerment: Able to lead a team to self-organization.
- Strong grasp of software development and technology.
- Have acted as a traditional project and/or program manager in the past.
- DevOps experience: continuous integration, continuous build, continuous delivery tools and techniques.
- ATDD, BDD, TDD, and pair programming, and other eXtreme Programming (XP) practices
- LeanAgile development concepts
- Prior experience using Jira
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Experience working in a financial services organization
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life