Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
In this position you will be supporting our Digital Deployment Lead and Global Digital Design & Execution Lead to develop, implement and lead a scaled scrum framework for global digital deployments.
You will be required to work with individuals across multiple countries with varying levels of project experience to coach them in scrum, promote the benefits of the framework and support them in implementing a scrum structure to their individual projects.
- Play the role of scrum master within a release team as part of a scale scrum framework
- Support the Product Owner within the release team to implement multiple development teams in a variety of countries and to ensure the product backlogs are maintained and delivered
- Coach and support scrum masters, product owners and project managers in each country with the running of their scrum team set up and management, including removing any impediments to the scrum framework and process implementation
- Conduct all relevant ceremonies within the scrum framework including sprint planning, retrospectives etc.
- To regularly, clearly and concisely communicate project progress with pro-active stakeholder engagement
- Support, guide, inspire and coach project teams through project delivery based on Scrum/Agile methodology
- Evidencing the creation of a global network of scrum masters sharing best practice and knowledge
- Tracking the delivery of tangible benefits in each country you work with, as a reflection of the effect your scrum/agile coaching has had to support deliver of benefits on time and in full
- You will be working on projects that cross the Brambles group and regions, with an initial focus on a small group of locations, eventually scaling to our global footprint of over 70 countries.
- The role will be dual reporting to both the Digital Deployment Lead and the Global Digital Design & Execution Lead, who act as Product Owners for their individual spans of responsibility.
- You will also act as a coach and mentor to a series of scrum teams in each location we deploy.
Authority/ Decision Making
- Standalone role – no direct reports
- Requires ability to influence senior stakeholders and delegate a wide variety of tasks
- Ability to engage and influence people at all levels
- Working in an environment that demands a fast pace of work
- The ability to think outside the box to problem solve/obtain information is essential. Teams and people you will be relying on for input will often have multiple focuses and demanding customers that have to take priority
- A variety of stakeholder personalities with varying requirements will mean that your ability to continually adapt your communication style is essential
- Being able to sell the benefits of contributing to project activity to those stakeholders who may not see immediate benefits
- SVPs Shaping our Future
- SoF Sponsors
- Global functional leaders
- IT Global Partners
- BXB Digital Leadership and execution team
- Regional colleagues
- Scrum/Agile certification and experience
- SAFe certified or other scaled agile frameworks
- Agile coaching certification
- Experience working in a global matrix program, in large, diverse teams
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with scrum theory, rules and practices, as well as coaching others in their knowledge and application of these
- Expertise in coaching others at various levels of understand of scrum theory
- Knowledge of various Agile frameworks that can be applied to obtain the best outcomes from a piece of work
- Experience of leading multiple scrum masters and scrum teams focused on multiple project deliveries taking place simultaneously
Skills and Knowledge
- In depth understanding of Scrum and its underlying values and principles, gained through experience as a Scrum Master
- The personal skills, attributes and motivation suited to coaching and enabling in a busy, changing environment, including influencing, flexibility, patience, empathy, courage, and confidence
- Excellent communication skills in all format for a variety of stakeholder is essential, with the ability to communicate a vision and bring people on a change journey, winning over any detractors
- Active interest of the Agile world through learning, networking and events
- Knowledge and experience of tools and techniques in the agile space
No Degree Required - Project ManagementPreferred Level of Work Experience
5 - 7 years