Essential/Primary Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement biomarker strategies for projects emerging from the discovery pipeline.
- Plans and supports qualification, validation and implementation of bioanalytical and biomarker assays to be implemented in clinical trials.
- Manages multiple projects, works closely with project team, CROs and external vendors/contractors to ensure deliverables are met per the project timelines.
- Oversees review of data from contract laboratories. Leads on-site data-based review of contract partners at specified frequency and verifies data integrity. Serves as a key member of the Tizona team in the contract lab selection and qualification process.
- Analyzes and presents PD/biomarker data to cross-functional project teams and other stakeholders internally and externally.
- Has a strong grasp of the underlying science but able to take on additional operational responsibilities because of talent and indicated interest.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of challenges and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Expected to contribute to scientific literature, conferences and/or regulatory filings.
- Experienced in development of biomarker/PD assays, their implementation in clinical trials, and corresponding data analysis and interpretation
- Knowledge and experience with flow cytometry and various bioanalytical assays (e.g. immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, ligand binding assays), proteomic/genomic profiling, and data analysis tools/databases is highly desirable
- Must display strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Ph.D. or equivalent, in the field of immunology, cell and molecular biology, cancer biology, biochemistry, or related; industry experience in immuno-oncology highly desirable (title commensurate with experience)
- Individuals with MS degree and ≥ 5 years of relevant industry experience welcome to apply