Founded in 1989, Natus Medical Incorporated is a leading manufacturer of medical devices and software and a service provider for the Newborn Care, Neurology, Sleep, Hearing and Balance markets. Natus products are used in hospitals, clinics and laboratories worldwide. Our mission is to improve outcomes and patient care in target markets through innovative screening, diagnostic and treatment solutions.
In this job, you will:
- Be a part of the Research and Advanced Development Team at Natus Medical – where you will be develop the next-generation products focused on harnessing mobility, connectivity, and big data analytics
- Work closely with internal and external customers to understand the user and clinical needs, and translate it into a concept that will be refined through a quick, but thorough and continuous feedback process
- Develop or architect concepts that could lead to the next generation software platforms, data visualization tools, and algorithms
- Design and execute studies/experiments to demonstrate feasibility, establish benefits and identify path-to-product risks
- Research 'the latest and greatest' cutting-edge external technology for its validity and applicability to the Natus product portfolio
- Be an individual contributor, but a lot of opportunity to grow and form a team in the future
- Travel: up to 25%
- BS Computer Science, Data Science and 10+ years of relevant experience in the medical devices, Master's degree, PhD preferred.
- Entrepreneurial; self-directed and excited to build something from scratch
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for your work, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience managing multiple projects in a deadline driven environment given potential for rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong coding experience – C/C++/C#/Python/Multithreading and .Net experience in medical device industry setting
- Experience developing and integrating sensor-based data acquisition systems (e.g. EEG, PSG) and digital image/signal processing algorithms (e.g. Seizure Detection) in a medical device industry setting
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with machine and deep learning, and at least one production framework (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras) in a medical device industry setting
- Experience with developing and deploying cloud-based tools or distributed computing environment (HPC clusters) preferred
- Experience with data wrangling preferred
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing frameworks preferred
Natus offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit package that starts on your 1st day, 401k match, an employee stock purchase plan, 9 paid holidays, generous paid time off plan (4 weeks to start) and tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 annually.