The Senior Scientist will perform feasibility study and optimize image processing algorithm for new ophthalmic diagnostic devices and applications. This role will be responsible for supporting prototype and commercial systems development. Additionally, this position will interface with various R&D engineers and scientists with a wide array of backgrounds as well as interacting with a number of clinical and scientific collaborators from outside of the company.
- Perform feasibility studies on new product designs and algorithm applications
- Develop and optimize image processing algorithm for clinical ophthalmic applications
- Plan, design, and implement new features and functions according to customer requirements.
- Conduct system level designs and testing of ophthalmic diagnostic devices
- Collaborate with Software group, Software QA, hardware engineering, marketing, customer service and other groups
- Interact with outside scientific and clinical collaborators to manage ongoing research activities
- Work with hardware and software teams on root cause analysis.
- Ph.D. degree in Biomedical Engineering, Medical Physics, or Optics.
- Strong hands-on experience developing optical, imaging, and instrumentation systems.
- Strong experience with OCT data processing, image processing, Fourier analysis and other signal processing techniques.
- Strong experience with MATLAB, C/C++, Python, LabVIEW or other instrumentation control and computational data analysis tools.
- Strong industry or laboratory experience in designing ophthalmic imaging devices.
- Experience with clinical ophthalmic imaging and medical ophthalmology is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential, and must be able to multitask and work effectively at all levels in a fast-paced environment.