Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Scientific Manager:
- Serve as senior technical lead on environmental projects.
- Contribute to successful business development.
- Write and review technical reports and proposals.
- Prepare and deliver marketing presentations.
- Assist with project management activities.
- Mentor and train scientific staff and ensure quality work product.
- Actively develop your own career growth.
Why you'll love working for us:
- A full benefits package including health, medical, dental, life, short- and long-term disability, 401k, and tuition assistance (among others)
- Eligibility for performance-based bonuses and other incentives
- Resources and support for your career development
- Cross-training and diverse projects
- Working with some of the best and brightest in the industry among a culture that values diversity
- 750+ employee consulting firm led by an approachable, accessible executive team and all of the resources typical of much larger firms
What we're looking for:
- BS in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, or other related field.
- Professional accreditation.
- 20+ years of experience with environmental services including technical writing, technical oversight, project management, business development, and staff management.
- Strong technical writing skills, the ability to successfully multi-task, safety awareness, and a good record and understanding of safe work practices.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification.
- Valid driver's license and personal vehicle are required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Deltek Vision is preferred.