Sr. SAP System Developer (ABAP)-14001334
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works independently with some supervision from their direct line Manager.
2. Proactively participates in identifying information problems and defining solutions for management approval.
3. Communicates with managers and their staffs to negotiate general approaches and program requirements in developing system specifications.
4. Designs the system by preparing the flow diagrams, input formats, file layouts, calculations and output formats for consensus agreement with SAP functional team and regional support centers.
5. Structures, writes or modifies, tests, debugs, documents, and installs ABAP, SAPscript, Smartforms, or other computer programs utilizing departmental programming standards and procedures.
6. Assists the computer operations group in selecting, procuring and installing new software or equipment and in fixing production program problems.
7. Keeps the manager aware of current project status using standard internal reporting methods.
8. Is well versed on the complexity of network communications and data base systems when designing and changing programs which affect these critical components.
9. On large projects, may work closely with user representatives and other systems staff as part of a project team.
10. Continually seeks self-education in computer system and programming methods, and utilizes books, manuals and resource aids to their fullest potential.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelors Degree in an IT related discipline and at least 10 years of experience in an applications development environment, a minimum of 8 years of SAP ABAP development experience.
2. Extensive knowledge of SAP developer tools. This position will be required to develop and support SAP custom solutions for interfaces, enhancements, reports, forms, customer labels, etc. using SAP coding languages such as; ABAP, SAPscript, Smartforms, etc.; using the SAP Developers Workbench.
3. 2 years experience mentoring other SAP developers.
4. Object Oriented development experience required, preferably with SAP ECC 6.0.
5. Manufacturing industry experience desired, automotive industry experience preferred.
6. Global / International work experiences are preferred.
7. A general understanding of the software toolset used by the group hired into. Key support tools are Sharepoint, and the MS Office Suite.
8. Working knowledge of and experience working with the functional systems for the area assigned, such as (but not limited to) Manufacturing, Human Resources, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, etc. preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Good organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively, self motivated, and works independent of direct supervision.
2. Excellent communications skills required to interact with both IT resources as well as users. The ability to give clear verbal and written information geared to specific audiences. Ability to write clear technical documentation and test scripts.
3. Must have the ability to absorb information quickly and make decisions as to how to proceed with each issue based on its own merit.
4. Must have strong analytical and problem solving abilities.