The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst for Analytics and Reporting role is responsible for designing, developing, and supporting a wide range of business reports and analyses ranging from operational to strategic, for monitoring and improving business performance. The reports and analyses are created using BI tools and methods to query and mine data stored in various databases and multi-dimensional datasets (cubes) including but not limited to the SAP BW/Hana platform. The data is collected and aggregated then presented in worksheets, charts, dashboards or story-telling platforms.
This role will be responsible for the development and ongoing oversight of reports and dashboards. This position is responsible for developing Gathers specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs. Create proper technical documentation for work assignments. Gather technical requirements for the Data Warehouse as needed.
Under minimal supervision, the Dashboard Reporting Analysis will use BI tools to create or modify ad-hoc or scheduled reports. Additionally, be involved in formatting, summarizing and selecting the right visualization to present the data in a meaningful way. This role will interact with appropriate business stakeholders to ensure appropriate management of data and general expectations. This position also works closely with the business process improvement team to ensure unified focus in delivering incremental and consistent business value and visibility to the organization via KPI reporting and analytics.
This role calls for a well-rounded performer who thrives in a fast-paced, demanding environment. Key attributes of this person include both the willingness to dig deeply into details, as well as the ability to assess the big picture.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understanding of Monster Energy business processes requirements by engaging with business partners at
enterprise and division level
- Work closely with SAP BI Reporting & Analytics Manager and the BI team to support the enterprise reporting and
- Provide a realistic timeline for the assigned work items and complete them by the estimated time.
- Craft adaptable, comprehensive and feasible solutions by creating necessary blueprint documents for functional
requirements and technical specifications
- Design functional solutions to solve business problems and needs
- Ensure agreement on design with process owners
- Review and participate in solution build and test activities on implementations, rollouts, or upgrade projects
- Implement proposed solutions
- Review current standards and revise to ensure best practices
- Serve as the conduit between businesses and technology
- Facilitate business requirement definition sessions
- Advise on solution roadmap for SAP projects
- Conduct comparative research and recommend strategies relating to reporting technologies
- Receive advanced report requests and prioritize needed action
- Research and determine requirements for reports and analysis based on business needs and available data
elements, provide clear report requirements including source paths, tables and logic
- Provide consultation to business users and help them understand the data
- Create best-in-class regular reports, including ad hoc reporting, to support strategic data-based decision-making
in support of daily decision making, strategic planning, growth initiatives, and targeted initiatives
- Develop and prepare actionable departmental scorecards & dashboards showing high-level results and trends
with supporting details records
- Collaborate with IT and business units to advance the company's reporting capabilities and improve accuracy of
- Research outliers and identify root-causes of issues identified in reports
- Maintain relationships with and provide reporting & analytical support to business units and support crossfunctional
- Determine opportunities and identify solutions to improve capabilities and efficiency of reporting
- Experience with Business intelligence and Analytical tools (SAP Reporting Tools, Business Objects, etc.)
- Well-developed knowledge of quantitative and qualitative technical analysis expertise (reporting, modeling,
methodology, financial and business impacts) facilitate the development and reporting of key performance
- Create dashboards highlighting key metrics/indicators driving corporate financial decisions
- Ensure data integrity, accurate interpretation of outcomes and timely delivery of all products to provide effective
solutions to support client issues or needs
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned
- Bachelor' s degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum ten (10) years of technical experience in SAP BW/ Business Objects (BOBJ). Should expert level fundamental knowledge Data Warehousing and front-end Analytics.
- Extensive SAP BW/Business Objects report and dashboarding experience
- Experience with SAP BW BEx Query Designer and Business Objects Tools (WEBI, Analysis, Design Studio, Lumira, BPC), is required.
- BPC EPM (10.x) HANA and NetWeaver experience
- Prior Hana experience would be preferred, if not, should be open to learn
- Strong Analytical Skills: Ability to identify and interpret the focus of the project and apply decisive reasoning to produce solutions to meet client needs
- Adherence to IT/SAP project methodologies, and change control processes
- Willingness to work off business hours and weekends as needed in a demanding environment
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, including compliance with privacy and security policies and procedures, attendance and participation in required training
- Experience in BW integration with various modules of SAP such as APO, BPC, Finance, Sales and other non SAP external sources
- Conceptual to detailed thinking skills
- Understanding of Master data, transactional data, and data flows within SAP ERP system
- Possess interpersonal skills to engage with all levels of Business and IT
- Self-starter to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
- Demonstrates time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple tasks concurrently, take the initiative and provide follow-through
- Exhibit collaboration and teamwork skills
- Demonstrate excellent verbal/presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions and work assignments, to be open, and motivated to learn and adopt new ideas and concepts, and to work independently or as part of the team to work on multiple tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and provide deliverables within fixed timelines and under pressure, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Capable of clear and sound reasoning, with a demonstrated ability to use good senses, and sound judgment in practical matters.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to apply data quality techniques such as match, merge, profiling, score carding, data standardization, and parsing using enterprise data quality platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with fundamentals, principals, and processes related to change control for information systems.
- Knowledge of testing fundamentals, the creation of test plans, and processes to ensure the identification, tracking, and remediation of bugs, errors, and defects.
- Experience supporting software and hardware for business use, analyzing problems and assisting customers with issue resolution, and exercising best practices to monitor and conduct preventive and routine maintenance on business systems.