The Sr. SAP Business Analyst role is a member of our enterprise application team and will be based in our Danvers office. This position has primary responsibility for the overall design and translation of business requirements into an effective, workable solution, within specific SAP modules. The SAP Business Analyst must possess thorough knowledge of the desired business processes, as well as a comprehensive understanding of the configuration needs associated with the specific SAP module. This person will be responsible to ensure completeness and accuracy of project documents, following Abiomed’s project methodology, standards and change management procedures.
- Determine system design impact of business process changes and work with end users to implement business solutions
- Provide day to day SAP configuration support to SAP modules, specifically FI/CO, but may also include other modules as needs dictate.
- Assist in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality of SAP solution
- Effectively apply Abiomed software development methodology and enforce standard while maintaining change control procedures and documentation.
- Participate in project preparation activities including detailed project plans, time estimates & schedules. Lead feasibility, design, configuration, testing and implementation phases of projects
- Work closely with the business and IT technical staff to meet expected customer service levels
- Provide technical support to the end users in the form of troubleshooting guidelines and modifications to the system after it has been delivered
- Provides training and knowledge transfer, for cross training purposes, to other members of the IT application team
- At least 6 years of experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) SAP applications in a technical capacity
- 3+ years of experience in performing SAP configuration with FI/CO, experience with other modules a plus, especially HR, SD and MM.
- Degree in Computer Information Systems preferred
- SAP Certification and/or course work a plus
- Good knowledge of Financial and financial reporting business processes
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to express complex technical concepts in terms understandable to the business
- Experience training end users
- Knowledge of SAP best practices and SAP Implementation Methodology
- Good understanding of the integration points across SAP modules
- Strong technical analysis skills for creating optimal solutions for the business
- Understanding of data quality issues and ability to recommend best practices for ensuring / validating data quality
- Experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement desirable