Illumina is seeking a Sr. SAP ABAP Developer, this individual will be responsible to provide technical design and programming perspective to complex business scenarios. Perform analysis, design, programming, testing related to the implementation, enhancement, integration, upgrade and support of Illumina SAP systems. This position will also work extensively with external development resources and ensure that the work performed by those resources meets Illumina requirements and standards both functionally and technically.
- Effectively utilizes standard enterprise tools to develop or implement technical components.
- Participates in planning and executing implementations.
- Communicates status of work in progress to project team or requestor.
- Resolve most issues independently. Escalate more complex issues to the leads in team.
- Follows continual improvement best practices by identifying and diagnosing improvement opportunities.
- Works with product owner and functional analysts to resolve requirements gaps uncovered in design or within specifications or requirements.
- Prepares and keeps technical documentation current for platform, service or package technical components.
- Adheres to change and incident management standards and expectations.
- Stays current with capabilities of platform and other components.
- Participates in creating prototypes or proofs of concepts for package enhancements.
- Provide day-to-day technical support, on-going technical improvements, and strategic technical system direction.
- Responsible for creation and/or review of functional and technical specifications for completeness, accuracy, and alignment with global system standards and mapped to business requirements.
- Should be able to perform Code reviews, quality checks and enforce industry standard development practices.
- Design and implement all RICEFW objects.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex business challenges by working with functional analysts and formulating strategies to address challenges
- 8 years of ABAP development experience.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum, Waterfall methodology.
- Experience in ECC migration project i.e. Migration of SAP ECC on HANA and/or Migration of SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA is a plus
- Experience on managing ECC Upgrade.
- Experience working on SAP FIORI from UX Development Perspective
- Atleast 2 years of experience in ODATA and UI development.
- Atleast 1 year of experience in designing UI using WEBIDE.
- Atleast 1 year of experience in SAP Personas.
- 7 years of experience in ABAP development leveraging Web Dynpro, WEB Services, RFC, BAPI, Interfaces, Reports (Classical & Interactive), Module Pool/Dialog Programming, Menu Painter, Screen Painter, conversions, Function Modules, SAP Scripts, Smart forms, Adobe forms, SAP Workflow, ABAP Query, BDC, Data Dictionary, LSMW, ALE/IDOC, ALV, ABAP Objects, Logical Database, User Exits, Enhancements, BADIs)
- Experience with Enhancement packs and support packs (familiarity with SPAU, SPDD, OSS notes)
- Well versed in using object oriented programing and latest programming techniques.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with offshore developers.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or significant experience.
- ABAP certification is a plus.