The Senior Salesforce developer will work in an agile team environment to manage, design, code, test and implement new Salesforce lightning application to meet project objectives and support new or expanding business requirements.
Candidate must have technical proficiency with the Salesforce platform along with general application development expertise. Candidates should be able to participate in the entire development lifecycle from design through deployment. Ability to code in the Apex language is essential, and knowledge of other coding languages is helpful.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Salesforce Platform developer 1 Certification
- Strong hands on experience with administration, configuration, customization and development within salesforce.com.
- Must have extensive Salesforce lightning UI Experience.
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams to coordinate work and resolve system issues in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Engage customer stakeholders to understand desired business outcomes and define success criteria.
- Lead requirements refinement sessions to uncover customers' business, functional, and technological requirements.
- Create clear and comprehensive user stories and solution design documentation.
- Perform fit-gap analysis between Salesforce functionality and customer requirements.
- Design innovative Salesforce solutions involving: configuration of Salesforce and Managed Packages, creation and refinement of complex data models, external integration, business process automation, and other custom functionality.
- Draft custom development specifications and manage the delivery and testing of the functionality by Development resources.
- Iterate on solutions through a Build/Test/Review cycle.
- Develop training curriculum and deliver training sessions to the solution's end users.
- Must have experience developing and customizing Salesforce.com application via web service, Apex, Triggers, Eclipse IDE, SOQL, Visualforce and Lightning framework.
- Experience in integrating Salesforce with external systems using REST and SOAP API.
- Implementation knowledge of workflow rules, validation rule, approval process, reports and dashboards.
- Experience with database development, SQL or PL/SQL, database schemas, stored procedures is essential.
- Must have experience with deployment using change-set/eclipse/ANT migration tool and working on solving deployment errors.
- Must be able to manage basic admin activities like creating a user, security profiles and permission sets etc.
- Understanding Salesforce governance limits and code coverage.
- Follow unit testing best practices and be capable of coding for positive/negative scenarios.
- Working knowledge on Salesforce release and change management process.
- Manage day to day development activities on the salesforce.com platform using lightning framework.
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives and company goals.
- Manage daily support and maintenance of internal Salesforce instance, and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements.
- Communicate with project managers and other developers to design cohesive project strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment.
- Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and objectives, and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully.
- Interact directly with managers, end users and implementation partner as necessary to analyze project objectives and capability requirements, including specifications for user interfaces, customized applications and interactions with internal Salesforce instance.
- Provide system administration support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflow.
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including marketing, sales and accounting to ensure Salesforce environment supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance.
- Oversee solutions design and delivery, including integration with existing architecture including SAP CRM & ERP system.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top-level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant field of study
- 3 yrs. experience with the Salesforce Platform as a developer
- 3 yrs. experience with APEX Programming Language
- 3 yrs. experience with Visualforce
- 3 yrs. experience with Salesforce Security Models
Other preferred skills:
- Salesforce administration Certification
- Knowledge on HTML/HTML5, CSS, XML, AJAX, Web-services, Google APIs, JQuery/any other java-script framework.
- Object oriented programming experience in J2EE/.Net platforms.
- Salesforce mobile development using Salesforce1 experience.
- Integration with SAP ECC and C4C.