The Sales representative will successfully direct sales activities in a defined geographic area selling/wholesaling Voya's retirement/401K products in the Small-Mid Market.
- Develop and maintain sales programs for assigned territories
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with key plan sponsor, brokers, consultants and third party administrators while developing and cultivating new business relationships
- Develop and execute annual marketing plans with innovative and creative ideas to increase sales
- Identify and understand needs of key decision makers and direct efforts to provide product enhancements and service
- Deliver presentations to key stakeholders including: prospects, financial professionals and industry leaders
- Manage, develop and motivate a wide variety of retirement plan distribution sources
- Leverage technology to implement and track sales and marketing plans
- Partners with other VOYA representatives to enhance awareness of full suite of VOYA capabilities.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years sales experience with the Retirement Plan/Investment industry, proven track record of sales success
- FINRA Series 6 and 63
- State Life and Health
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to lead
- Ability to travel
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.