This position is responsible for engineering operational design improvements that increase business growth and efficiency of operations. Leading key projects, initiatives and monthly critical metrics (call coverage and other efficiency targets) will be incumbent upon understanding the business, knowing the operational and technical landscapes, determining timelines, managing expectations and then driving to deliver innovative & efficient solutions. The person will navigate Customer Development (CDO/ sales) through sophisticated and evolving operational environments in the areas such as hybrid sales coverage, virtual customer engagement, tier assessments, identifying customer growth opportunities, shopper engagement, and shelf authority / distribution of the Hill’s portfolio.
We are looking for a hardworking individual who will be using a variety of leadership, communication, operational and analytical skills to act as a key business doer while providing vital information required for the execution of key strategic decisions.
- 30% Design operational and analytical solutions for data that currently does not reside within the Hill’s “house” universe - Example of needs would include mapping, geo-coding, routing and coverage data that is harmonized with the Hills SAP customer and consumer footprint.
- 20% Lead and execute initiatives through resource alignment, managing timelines and determining appropriate tools and processes.
- 15% Partner with customer development to gather specifications for developing operational and analytical solutions.
- 15% Evaluate the needs of CDO and the organization and determine the best way to craft processes and tools to fulfill needs.
- 10% Provide leadership and training to other team members.
- 10% Provide operational leadership and analytics for a variety of customer and portfolio initiatives.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.
Education/ Experience Requirements
Basic qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Analytics, Engineering, Information Technology, or Finance.
- At least 5 years of professional experience including a minimum of 2 years of experience in an operational setting leveraging processes and tools to innovate, develop, and implement solutions to evolving business challenges This includes applying process and action oriented analytics to key business needs while ensuring information is effectively and efficiently delivered to business partners.
Preferred qualifications include:
- MBA or Masters Degree in relevant field.
- At least 2 years of proven experience with the Customer Development Organization.
- Project Management Experience or ability to demonstrate strong operation knowledge and process.
Encouraged Areas of skills:
- Category Management, Customer Selling or Marketing experience.
- Ability to understand and fully utilize features and functionality of various technologies to fix and establish new methods and procedures and to improve business processes
- Ability to prioritize, lead and influence others to drive operational efficiencies