Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you highly strategic, analytical, and process driven? Are you a geek when it comes to analyzing sales data and reporting? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home for you at Splunk! As a Sr. Sales Operations Analyst you will serve as a member of Splunk’s Global Sales Operations team, with a day to day focus on Sales Compensation and Headcount Operations, supporting executive KPIs and communications, tactical analysis and standardized reporting. Attention to detail paired with mindfulness of the big picture is essential for success in this role.
You will work cross-functionally with several organizations at Splunk (including Sales leadership, Finance, HR, Legal, Partner operations, IT, and Marketing), with the primary objective of enabling sales leadership to make effective, data driven, and strategic operating decisions.
You will maintain and evolve a core set of KPIs for sales performance to provide visibility and actionable insights for sales management. You will contribute analysis/insights to help evolve our sales compensation plan designs, policies, and/or resourcing and investment decisions. You will partner with sales management and Theater Operations to define and produce analytics that objectives and strategies. Provide periodic reports and detailed analysis to identify drivers behind trends and areas for improvement.
- Participate in the periodic review of compensation plans and provide recommendations regarding redesign to meet business objectives and reinforce operational strategy.
- Lead development of compensation communication materials and trainings.
- Collaborate with the Information Technology team to define business requirements and solutions for all tools and deliverables that support the sales team.
- Execute assigned projects as needed and recommend and deliver process improvements.
You have a minimum of 6-8 years of compensation, quantitative and supporting sales operations in a fast growing software enterprise company.
- You are skilled and have the ability to partner, collaborate, and influence across a wide spectrum of functions and knows when and how to assert or influence business partners.
- You skillfully know how to take care of complex issues, understand drivers, and demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Passionate about doing what’s right for the business. High energy and contagious enthusiasm. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to grow the business. Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics
- Ability to run a project independently once framework and structure has been provided
- Ability to develop succinct, clear, messaging in both verbal and written form to provide the appropriate context behind difficult decisions for the intended audience
- Proven ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment and manage a high workload
- You possess business insight, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Experience working with SPM tools: Xactly, Anaplan, Callidus or other
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com, including sales alignment, territory planning, reporting and analytics
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related degree, MBA a plus