This role will report directly to the VP of Advertising Cloud, Chip Scovic, and as a sales leader for this solution, you will strategically build and drive the territory’s sales pipeline by building and leading a skilled team of Enterprise Sales professionals who successfully deliver on their respective sales goals. This leader should be familiar with selling in the Cross Channel Paid Advertising space. Knowledge of the programmatic media is required. He/she should have experience selling into CMO, SVP of Media, Marketing and major Agencies. This individual is ideally a self-starter capable of getting up to speed quickly, building teams, closing new business and managing high-level relationships within a vertical segment such as Media & Entertainment, Financial Services and Healthcare. This role will also drive the revitalization of the solution’s go-to-market strategy in collaboration with the VP of the Advertising Cloud Business.
In this role, the Advertising Cloud Sales Leader works closely with the National head of Sales, Marketing staff, and Service staff to develop and implement specific strategic plans to achieve and exceed revenue targets throughout across the region - including new business acquisition (new clients and cross-selling additional products to current clients). This position will carry a team quota and ideally be staffed in Manhattan, New York or Chicago, IL.
- Recruit, coach, mentor, manage and lead a world class team of sales professionals to achieve yearly sales targets. This includes closing new business and expanding upon existing clientele.
- Sell into multiple levels of an organization as well as close six and seven-figure deals.
- Manage long, consultative sales process.
- Manage region’s high value negotiations.
- Develop effective sales strategies and deliver compelling product demonstrations and sales pitches.
- Cultivate and grow relationships with industry leaders that will lead to sales opportunities and new business.
- Apply a thorough understanding of the marketplace, industry trends, funding developments and products to all management activities and strategic sales decisions.
- Ensure that Sales department operations function smoothly, with the goal of facilitating executed sales and/or closings; operational responsibilities include accurate pipeline reporting and quarterly sales forecasts.
- Partner with head DigitalMarketingSales Leadership to develop strategy to enhance the Advertising Cloud selling process/approach and business unit planning.
- 7 - 10+ years of successful sales leadership experience as measured by sales performance against goals, as well as demonstrated ability to manage a complex sales cycle. 10+ years overall experience in enterprise level software selling required.
- Experience in selling paid search and/or search marketing services required.
- Background in selling online advertising, advertising technologies, and/or online marketing consulting will also be considered.
- Knowledge of large, complex sales models highly desired, as well as prior experience selling emerging technologies.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Must be able to travel within the coverage area and occasionally nationwide.
- Highly motivated, as well as able to create and develop a highly-motivated, success oriented sales team.
- BA/BS degreerequired; Master’s degreepreferred.