This brings our total funding to $235.5M todate. Sumo Logic’s business has scaled significantly, tripling both our annual recurring revenue and customer count to over 1,500 customers, reflecting every major vertical and company size.
Who Are We?
We are a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. Our mission is to democratize analytics, making it accessible, simple and powerful for businesses of all sizes to build, run and secure their organizations. With Sumo Logic, customers can harness the power of machine data to gain operational business and customer insights that lead to competitive advantage and differentiated customer experience.
What Do We Do?
Sumo Logic was founded in 2010 by experts in log management, scalable systems, big data, and security. We imagined a world of Yottabyte-scale machine data, where machine learning algorithms and advanced analytics could make sense of it all. Today, our purpose-built, cloud-native service analyzes more than 100 petabytes of data, more than 16 million searches, and delivers 10s of millions of insights daily – positioning Sumo among the most powerful machine data analytics services in the world. Our customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value and growth.
Title: Sales Finance Senior Analyst / Manager
Role Location: Headquarters (Redwood City, CA)
Reports to: VP, Sales/Business Ops
Position Description: Business Operations strives to be the brain and the spine of the GTM organization team at Sumo Logic. As part of the Business Operations group, we protect the investment in Sumo Logic’s rapidly growing GTM organization by ensuring Sales, Account Management, Sales Engineers and Partners have the insight, tools, and processes it needs to run effectively and efficiently.
We are looking for a process-oriented self-starter to work with our Sales, Sales/Business Ops, Finance and Legal teams in driving accurate and timely execution of customer transactions. You will use your operational and analytical expertise to create and define, and scale processes which will ultimately improve the accuracy of bookings reporting and drive completion of deals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
You will help drive operational efficiency and scale:
- Partner with Business/Sales Ops, Sales, and Finance teams to drive timely and accurate execution of transactions including new customers, upgrades, and renewals
- Validate and ensure accuracy of transactions and bookings across numerous systems, which serve as the basis for the company’s ARR, revenue reporting, and sales commissions calculations
- Define and scale both customer and cross-departmental touch points for the beginning portion of our customer acquisition process (quoting and deal structure)
- Identify opportunities to leverage new and existing tools and processes to streamline efforts and scale day-to-day operations
- Perform and present ad hoc analysis on deal structure alternatives to senior management
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5-10 years of operational experience, with at least 3 years in a financial or analytical capacity
- Salesforce proficiency with ability to build reports and answer key questions around bookings and customer data
- Strong quantitative and MS Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookup, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to translate insights and recommendations
- Experience driving scalable process improvements and organizational change
- Unique mix of detail-orientedness, with the demonstrated ability to operate strategically and independently
- Innate and comprehensive critical thinking and analytical approach to daily responsibilities
- Working knowledge of revenue recognition accounting as it relates to SaaS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantitative (preferred major or Math, Economics, Finance, Accounting)