Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
Sr. Sales Executive for UHC Labor and Trust/Public Sector isresponsible for broker/consultant and direct sales to labor and trust as well as public sector customers in the West Region. The principle focus is the sale of new business to sophisticated customers/brokers with an emphasis on ASO business and an indirect responsibility for theretention of existing accounts. The Sr. Sales Exec will focus on groups with 1,000+ lives.
If you are located in the West Region you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for prospect from presale to implementation
- Attains targeted sales goals for segment, region and health plan
- Produces sales resulting in profitable premium levels
- May lead cross functional team to achieve positive sales results
- Identifies opportunities for ancillary/Enterprise products on all new sales
- Develops and maintains strong broker/consultant relationships
- Develops and maintains key internal relationships
- Understand customer and broker/consultant needs and provide value
- added consultation
- Identifies key brokers/consultants for management development
- Presents a positive image of UHG in the marketplace
- Community involvement through professional organizations, associations and local organization
- Mentors sales execs, strategic account execs and account management staff where appropriate
- Maintain current knowledge of all UHC products, services, and underwriting practices and principles
- Minimum of 5 years successful healthcare experience consistently exceeding expectations/goals in the insurance industry.
- Track record of successful sales experience to the public sector including municipalities, school districts and union customers.
- Strong consultative selling skills; sold healthcare products through direct sales or brokers
- Demonstrates broad based knowledge of the industry, market trends and UHC
- Exceptional networking capabilities
- Sales insurance license maintained by law
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field
- Willingness to travel as required
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)