Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented individual to join our dynamic presales team. You will work together with Splunk’s direct sales team on the solution and technical aspects of selling Splunk’s solutions to our largest commercial Enterprise clients. Our clients span all business sectors and sizes. You'll be the subject matter expert for our team serving our customers and prospects in the MidAtlantic Region.
Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? You will have the responsibility for actively driving and leading the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle. Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor, you will be an advocate for Splunk’s products and services. Additionally, you will position Splunk's technology and solutions to both business and technical users. You will identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete client satisfaction throughout the sales process, and establish and maintain positive relationships with your client's technical staff.
Location: You should be located in or near Atlanta, GA area
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly to emails and RFPs when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast growing customer base.
- IMPORTANT: We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, fun-loving attitude.
- 4+ years related experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMware/Citrix/Hyper-V)
- Network Administration/Architecture/Management Knowledge
- Unix/Windows – Administration Experience
- Domain expertise with IT operations, security or compliance
- Familiar with Computer Programming - C/C++, Shell, Perl, Python Programming
- Knowledge of “Big data” technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop, HBase, Cloudera, Cassandra).
- Comfortable approaching total strangers and quickly extracting technical know-how from them.
- Should be available to travel to visit prospects and customers.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong domain expertise within a core security discipline (for example, forensics, security operations, incident response, security research, threat detection, security assessments, penetration testing, or security product development) with additional knowledge of security tools, industry trends, methodologies, and best practices.
- Be the go-to security resource for the Regional Field Sales Team, SE peers, partners, and customers utilizing strong subject matter expertise to advocate for Splunk and its solutions, as well as occasionally deliver security knowledge transfer in the form of lectures, seminars, or hack-a-thons.
Bachelor of Science degree in EE, CE, Computer Science, MIS, or Business. We’ll break the rules if you’re awesome. Liberal Arts majors/minors are great to see. We love individuals with a broad range of interests; art, science, research, writing, music, whatever you’re into.