Sr. Sales Engineer -- Dallas
DALLAS, TXSALES – SALESFULL-TIMEAPPLY FOR THIS JOBAs a Sales Engineer at SignalFx, you will be responsible for providing world-class pre-sales technical support to the sales team and our customers. Working directly with customers, you will be the subject matter expert on Metrics based monitoring and SignalFx. You will be responsible for delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize SignalFx’s unique value proposition. During the sales cycle, you will guide prospects through trials and proof of concepts, demonstrating SignalFx’s ability to meet and exceed customer requirements and building a strong relationship that will go beyond the initial transaction and provide value to our customers for years to come. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
We’re making a difference in the monitoring space, and we’re looking for energetic, talented professionals to grow our team. At SignalFx, our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions tothe company’s mission. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive tocreate an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy coming to work every day. If you are someone who is driven to make a global impact and believes in a culture of mutual respect, with focus oncustomer success, then you need to join us here at SignalFx!
- Actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of thesales process, working in conjunctionwith the sales team as the key technicaladvisor and advocate for our service
- Answer technical questions from customers regarding SignalFx technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate SignalFx technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the salescycle with our customer's technical staff
- Demonstrate SignalFx's service to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows
- Ability to work on multiple opportunities & POCs concurrently
- Tracks customer activity in internal systems in order to executeon account strategy
- Accountable for individual expense budget management
- 5+ years of demonstrated experiencein a sales engineer or similar pre-sales role
- Experience with open source monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia, collectd, Graphite, etc.) preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passionate abouttechnical sales and working with customers
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ
- Highly coachable with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional
- Startup experience and some vertical experience
- Modern application architecture (micro-services) understanding
- Team player
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- We cover your base medical/dental/vision plan for you, and we provide subsidized plans for your dependents
- Lots of company team building events (baseball games, go-carts, etc.)
- Working with a fast growing team and having a huge impact!