Our client is an IaaS firm that designs and builds scalable self-defined networks (SD-WAN) platforms. Their world-class enterprise solutions are dominating and disrupting major networking giants and top industry players. They are hiring a Sr. Sales Engineer to manage pre-sales and engineering design activities for top enterprise accounts.
The Sr. Sales Engineer will accompany sales professionals to presentations and pre-sales meetings. Their work will focus on an extremely price-competitive SD-WAN offering that undercuts expensive legacy LAN/WAN systems. They will have access to extensive resources and support to deliver outstanding pre-sales service.
This Role Offers:
- Aggressive base salary, uncapped commissions, performance bonuses.
- Benefits include medical/dental, PTO, 401(k), and more.
- Impressive penetration with Fortune 500, 1000, and 2000 companies.
- High visibility, direct access to VP of Sales and senior management.
- Industry reputation as a disruptor for even the most entrenched network solutions providers.
- Exceptionally high adoption rate.
- Highly rated product with excellent technical ratings and a top-quality implementation team.
- Company has strong funding and numerous awards, including rapid growth within the Gartner Magic Quadrant.
- Disruptive product offering with high demand at the enterprise level.
- Hands-off, anti-micromanaging company culture with strong pipeline of sales resources.
- Give product demonstrations and prepare compelling proposals and RFQs to convey value proposition of SD-WAN and SDN solutions.
- Conduct needs analysis. Develop RFQs/RFPs that integrate customers' networking needs with SD-WAN solutions.
- Educate enterprise decision-makers on the speed and savings of SD-WAN solutions over traditional WAN and LAN networking solutions.
- Make technical presentations at conferences and industry trade shows.
- Manage technical pre-sales documentation (technical requirements, scopes, quotes, spec sheets, designs, etc.).
- Support business development within the sales region, identifying sales opportunities with new clients at the enterprise level.
- Collaborate with design team, providing detailed design input for projects to ensure top quality proposals. Participate in design reviews for network designs and solutions proposals.
- 4+ years of experience in sales engineering roles or technical sales.
- Deep experience in systems engineering, computer networking, and LAN/WAN solutions.
- Advanced technical skills in:
- SDN and SD-WAN (software-defined networking / WAN)
- Traditional LAN/WAN
- Routing protocols and routing/switching
- Enterprise-level networksecurity, firewalls, and load balancers
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and network traffic analysis, Wireshark, and packet sniffers.
- Experience with virtualization, VPNs, and APIs is a plus.
- Familiarity with common CRM and sales software.
- Good negotiation, presentation, and relationship-building skills.