Sr. Sales Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
The purpose of the Sr. Sales Engineer is to provide dedicated sales support to the field and inside sales teams:
- By proactively identifying & addressing customer‘s technical needs and objections, to drive sales.
- By acting as the primary bridge to identify & remove process problems early between Sales and Operations
- By protecting NICE inContact, as an organization, from projects where technical issues outweigh value to NICE inContact by being able to delineate between technically feasible and technically problematic opportunities
As a Sr. Sales Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Assist sales team through preparation and delivery of technical presentations and statements of work by matching specific client business requirements into effective technical solutions - with a focus on NICE inContact’s solutions.
- Maintain high level knowledge of competitive product lines, especially as it relates to technical strengths and weaknesses of the competitor‘s products and what strategy NICE inContact should develop to counter.
- Maintain high-level knowledge of all other NICE inContact products/services, competitive product lines, and industry through self-education and NICE inContact’s resources.
- Proactively and effectively identify customer needs and overcome objections to proposed solutions.
- Perform technical benefits assessment for customers by gaining detailed understanding of their environment.
- Provide continuous knowledge transfer to the sales force regarding technical aspects and benefits of the NICE inContact’s™ solutions.
- Support new and existing sales efforts via technical discovery, product demonstrations and presentations.
- Properly document and provide feedback to sales team.
- Assist in the preparation of responses to RFP’s and deliver technical and sales oriented presentations to customer’s technical staff and senior management.
- Meet with customers to understand their current technical environment, key business issues, and future benefits that could be realized through NICE inContact’s advanced contact center technology deployments.
- Work with the Sales Support to ensure orders are completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Create, based on customer needs, a detailed Solutions Overview (SO) document for each new customer which will be the basis from which all pre-turn up work will be performed. Instruct customer on costs associated with the work.
- Build and maintain relationships with financial, subject and technical decision makers and influencers in prospect base.
- Position will require significant travel up to 75%.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Communications or related field or equivalent work experiencerequired.
- 6+ years direct sales engineering experience in contact centers, telecommunications or software sales
- Strong sales skills
- Relationship management abilities
- Superior communication skills
- High integrity
- Experience in fast paced environment
- Experience meeting customer time constraints
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Analytical/Quantitative abilities required. Must be able to interpret and explain financial and statistical information
- Ability to negotiate and up sell products and services
- In-depth knowledge of technical support issues related to Internet, video, and telephony. A hands-on background in engineering, technical support or field maintenance is desirable
- Broad knowledge of call center technologies, call traffic analysis, automatic call distributions and interactive voice response systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written, negotiation and communications.
- Valid driver‘s license.
- 2+ years sales experience outside of sales engineering in a software environment
- VoIP experience
- Broad knowledge of the call center market
- Relationship management abilities
- Excellent industry reputation
- Consensus building strengths among internal groups
- Negotiation skills