At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Proofpoint is seeking a Senior Sales Engineer to support our Great Plains region. As a Senior Sales Engineer, you will serve as a sales and sales engineering overlay to ensure that Proofpoint’s products are positions correctly to solve unique business challenges, relative to Proofpoint’s competitors. You will also be responsible for sharing customer requirements with Proofpoint’s Marketing and Engineering teams to improve the products and meet market demands.
In conjunction with Sales Account Executives and Sales Engineers, you will be responsible for conducting in-person and remote product demonstrations, articulating the technical value of Proofpoint products relative to our competitors, and ensuring successful Proof of Concepts to beat the competition and safeguard our customers against threats.
It’s an exciting time to be at Proofpoint!
- Develop relationships with Sales teams, Channel Resellers, Partners and Customers in support of Proofpoint competitive sales objectives.
- Serve as a technical sales overlay for Account Executives and Sales Engineers.
- Provide technical expertise and real-life experience in creating solutions and designing proof-of-concept implementations.
- Competitive and feature comparison discussion with Prospects, Customers, Channel Resellers and Partners.
- Conduct research and use knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections.
- Provide technical pre-sales support for direct and channel sales teams.
- Cross functional alignment with Competitive Marketing, Product Management, Sales Operations and Legal departments to drive Proofpoint sales objectives.
- Assist Sales and Competitive Marketing teams to develop and implement specific content and account penetration strategies.
- Create promotional offerings and incentives with Marketing and Sales Operations departments.
- Track, document and share feature and product enhancements with Marketing and Product Management departments.
- Develop content to train Internal Sales organization and Channel Resellers; and present to prospects and customers.
- Track and improve win rate and opportunity creation.
- Work alongside Threat researchers on competitive solution testing and customer assignment.
- Drive high levels of customer satisfaction.
What you bring to the team
- 7-10 years of experience in sales engineering, selling to commercial and EDU accounts
- Technical background in messaging and internet security principles.
- Technical experience with one or more of Proofpoint’s competitors.
- UNIX/Linux system administration experience.
- A thorough understanding of Internet protocols and how they work (HTTP, SMTP, etc.).
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.).
- Prior experience in selling software to Fortune 500 or other large companies.
- Must have a good understanding of the sales process and the roles and responsibilities of a sales engineer.
- Strong technical presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to see and present “the Big Picture”, uncover business challenges, and architect a solution to solve customer business issues.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to work independently, adapt quickly, and maintain a positive attitude.
- BSCS/BSEE or equivalent.
- Ability to travel 0-25%.
- Experience in working in a remote office.
- Prior management experience.
- Technical background in messaging and security
- Experience with both Linux and Windows
- A thorough background of Internet protocols and how they work (HTTP, SMTP, etc.)