Forcepoint is looking for an experienced Senior Sales Engineer with a track record of success to join our Commercial sales engineering team. We are seeking talented sales engineers who have a passion for helping customers solve hard problems, experience selling information security and analytics solutions, understand the insider threat, and who have hands on experience with enterprise solutions in large scale computer networks.
This role will be the primary customer-facing technical member of the sales team but also crosses functions with product management, product operations, engineering, and marketing in addition to being responsible for the success of customer pilots and technical evaluations to demonstrate the business value of Forcepoint’s Cloud and Data Security products.
- Work directly with existing customers and prospects to position Forcepoint Cloud and Data Security solutions for success and to shape project requirements.
- Manage a complex technical sales process, from initial solution discovery, through proof-of-concept delivery, and proposal development.
- Skillfully present the technical merits of the Forcepoint security offerings, deliver compelling product demos, and expertly handle technical objections.
- Resilience and ability to handle stressful situations effectively while managing several tasks
- A self-starter and proactive leader willing to display initiative with common sense
- Results driven and committed to ‘outcomes rather than output’
- Team focused, with the ability to gain the personal support of others
- Capable of developing empathy and rapport internally with staff and with customers and partners
- Strong work-ethic and committed to quality
- Disciplined, organized and methodical in approach to tasks and activities
- Committed to the success of customers and colleagues
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate competency working hands-on in Windows and Linux based environments during pilots; troubleshooting on-site technical issues, using and configuring Forcepoint security solutions to deliver actionable analytic results, and working closely with the client and Forcepoint engineers to ensure successful pilot efforts.
- Bring practical information security experience to bear to the technical sales effort; including demonstrated knowledge of Web Security, Email Security and Data Loss Prevention solutions.
- Advanced understanding of enterprise networking, including SaaS and Cloud solutions, such as AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Provide technical support to the sales teams by creating high quality presentations and rapidly responding to requests for information and helping to craft sales strategies & tactics when appropriate.
- Excellent knowledge ofsecurity solutions and technologies, including:
- Internet security
- Firewall technologies
- Proxy technologies
- Data loss prevention solutions
- Experience with Linux, SIEM, information security, networking, scripting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Windows event logging
- Experience working in virtualized, networked environments, specifically VMWare and HyperV based systems
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a sales engineering role supporting enterprise software solutions
- Ability to work as part of sales team to formulate account strategies
- Experience with building strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer’s technical staff
- Ability to articulate product positioning and competitive differentiation to both business and technical users
- Experience with responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Ability to travel 50%
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Deep knowledge of sales cycle and presales activities
- Experience working with analyst teams and end users
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenges that come with growth