To meet market demand, we are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, fast paced, high performing Sales Engineer who will work alongside our account managers to create and maintain long lasting customer relationships. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background in Sales Engineering, Professional Services, or Customer Support and be an outstanding communicator to business and technical users. A working knowledge of Robotic Process Automation or other automation tools is preferred.
- The most critical function of our Sales Engineers is the Proof of Concept in which they go onsite with an account manager and build bots live in front of the client. Proof of Concept includes the following responsibilities:
- Document the client's process and estimate efforts of proposed automation
- Negotiate POC scope and success criteria with clients
- Provide technical support for client installations including local (laptop) and virtual machine deployments and verification of test environments, access, data, etc. necessary to conduct POC
- Build and test bots on-site in front of clients and answer questions throughout
- Support account manager in preparation and presentation of POC results and demonstration
- Debrief sales and record notes of client interactions and potential opportunities
- Monitor and communicate deal status to ensure proper resourcing on POCs
- Participate in onsite and remote customer meetings in support of account managers to deliver custom product demos, answer technical Q&A, engage in solutioning discussions and overcoming technical objections.
- Prepare and maintain technical sales collateral to support discussions with client's enterprise architects, infrastructure and security teams.
- Continuous Process Improvement – maintain documentation of processes and seek ways to improve operations
- Requires 50-75% travel EMEA
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise Software serving Mid-Market to Large Enterprise clients in Presales / Sales Engineering, Customer Support, or Professional Services
- 1+ years of experience with Robotic Process Automation or Business Process Automation preferred
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
Experience, education, training, or knowledge should include:
- XML and SQL
- Business process automation
- Cloud and virtualization architecture and infrastructure (e.g., VMWare, AWS, Azure)
- UI based and advance automation technologies (preferred, not required)
- MS Office Products