Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats.
If you want to join an agile company that’s building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we’ve been named a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe for four consecutive years. Join us!
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Field Sales to pursue new business opportunities and support all aspects and phases of the Carbon Black sales process
- Evangelize and demonstrate Carbon Black’s products to prospects, customers, and partners via presentations and product demos
- Manage all aspects of prospect evaluation process including:
- Properly scope and define evaluation goals and “Win Drivers”
- Perform installation & training of Carbon Black products
- Educate on operational and organizational aspects of implementation process
- Work independently and with Carbon Black Technical Support and Engineering to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Respond to technical objections and create competitive differentiation
- Respond to RFI’s and RFP’s
- Document evaluation progress and results in SFDC
- Obtain technical win
- Liaison between the field sales engineering team and the Carbon Black support, product management, and engineering teams, ensuring prompt and smooth escalation of issues, feature requests, and coordinating headquarters requests of the SE team Support the positioning of Professional Services as a critical component to Carbon Black solutions
- Key contributor to and follower of our proven sales methodology
- Build and maintain prospect and partner relationships
- Ensure a smooth and successful transition (externally and internally) from sales process to service delivery
- Assist in developing and evolving best practices for Sales Engineering activities
- Provide product feature input to product management
- Apprise Sales Engineering management of overall health of prospects (technical, organizational, operational and sponsorship)
- Model Carbon Black core values: Accountability, Creativity/Resourcefulness, Energy/Passion, Leadership, Integrity/Honesty, Smart/Critical Thinking, Teaming
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of enterprise Sales Engineering experience selling into the F1000
- Demonstrated experience with endpoint and server security.
- Expert in XP, Win7, Win8.x, Windows POS endpoint operating systems.
- Expert in Mac and Centos/RHEL endpoint operating systems.
- Windows2008/2012 application server and supporting technologies/products, including IIS and SQL database variants.
- Expert in CentOS/RHEL application server and supporting technologies/products, include NGINX, Postgres and SOLR.
- Proven technical track record with securing Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.
- Knowledge of enterprise IT infrastructures and configuration.
- Knowledge of IT securitytechnologies and best practice.
- Strong securitysalesexperience.
- Strong security VAR and MSSP partner relationships a plus.
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, or MCSE a plus
- Knowledge of software deployment and patch management tools.
- Knowledge of Incident Response process.
- Strong competency in Security Process/Workflow (e.g. Threat and Vulnerability Management).
- Understanding of Security Policy, Compliance and Audit.
- Hands-on software demonstration experience
- Solid understanding of professional services to enable software products
- Excellent technical and business skills, including project management knowledge
- BS/BA or equivalent
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute.
Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud.
With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100.
These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.