Reporting to the Director of Sales Enablement, the Managed Care Porfessional provides technical expertise and knowledge for Mitchell’s Managed Care software products/services, as well as serving as the subject matter expert supporting the company’s casualty sales team. The Managed Care Porfessional exhibits strong interpersonal skills needed in building relationships with internal cross-departmental team members, as well as external customers and partners. The right candidate will possess strong verbal and written communication skills. As an integral part of the sales team, the role requires being persuasive in presentations, passionate about the Mitchell brand and committed to assisting team members in winning new business. Because of the strategic nature of the role, the Managed Care Porfessional should demonstrate thought leadership and be seen as a trusted advisor when representing the value of Mitchell’s Managed Care software & services as they participate in assessment of customer needs and recommend appropriate solutions to solve complex business challenges.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in support of Sales for Managed Care software and services.
- As part of the sales process, assist prospects/clients with workflows and operational efficiencies that may differ for specific states and/or certain regions.
- Track and understand industry trends and adjust messaging in communications with prospects and clients demonstrating market connectedness.
- Prepare Demonstration and Presentation material including; example referrals, reports, data analysis, and scripts in coordination with the Sales and Product Marketing teams.
- Prepare and assist in delivery of demonstrations and presentations in response to market opportunities; for prospects, clients, and other internal stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of the competition in order to assist in the differentiation process for products and services. Support the development of competitive intelligence processes to collect and evaluate competitive actions and customer win-loss experiences.
- Provide continuous feedback to stakeholders as input for improvements to standard sales and service processes and methodologies.
- Collaborate with Product Management team members to provide prospect and client feedback.
- Participate and often lead the RFP and Sales Proposal Processes for new and existing clients.
- Maintain repository of past RFP responses, solution designs and implementation plans.
- Assist in the creation of sales tools, ROI calculators, demo scripts and demo presentations.
- Conduct product training for existing and new potential clients, as well as internal teams.
- Participate in product webinars, trade shows, sales seminars and user conferences as appropriate.
- Facilitate post-sale knowledge transfer with delivery teams.
- Work as part of Sales and Managed Care team involved with client engagement activities, in order to build relationships, maximize sales opportunities and promote our expertise as a premier Managed Care provider.
- At least 7 years Workers’ Compensation experience, technical consulting or product management environment
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills in client-facing scenarios and a strong attention to detail in both verbal and written communication
- Extensive knowledge of Managed Care/ Workers’ Compensation including Utilization Review and Peer Review with a preference for additional experience in Nurse Case Management: Telephonic Case Management and Field Case Management
- Demonstrates technical skills and understanding of specialized software systems: managed care software, bill review platforms and/or claims systems
- General understanding of Salesforce.com or other CRM platform
- Experience drafting RFPs, scope documents, presentations and proposal materials
- Strong learner and creative thinker
- Capable of working well in cross-functional teams as a constructive and effective member
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical efforts for the company
- Strong practical and analytical skills
- Proven project leadership skills, able to run numerous activities & projects simultaneously
- Good administrative skills using MS Office products
- Ability to travel as required (up to 40%)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Location will be in one of our major hubs: Irvine, CA, Coppell, TX, San Diego, CA, or Murray, Utah.