Sr. Sales Compensation Manager
8 - 10 years experience •
This position reports to: Sr. Director, Global Compensation
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
This role partners with Sales, Sales Ops, and Finance to create and deliver a compelling compensation value proposition for sales employees and candidates alike, linking all programs to our vision and accelerated growth. As the human resources sales compensation liaison, you will collaborate with sales operations and finance to design and manage the sales incentive design process, from working with leaders to understand business strategic objectives to assessing the success of current incentives to proposing new incentive designs to determining, operationalizing and communicating new incentives. You should be familiar with how software companies go to market in order to align incentives across roles. You should be ready to keep our leadership team abreast of success and obstacles by using performance analytics to make recommendations for incentive plan adjustments as needed. Most importantly, you must be able to build consensus with leadership around recommendations and manage projects to on-time completion.
Sales Commissions (another team under Finance) will administer and pay on the plans. However, it is important that this role understand the systems used so that system capabilities are considered in the design phase. As our business continues to grow, it will face a greater volume of plans with expanding diversity. To maintain our important tradition of speed, we will need a strategic manager who can instill process discipline, rationalize plandiversity, and rally a team toward a pragmatic vision of incentive strategy.
What you get to do in this role:
- As the sales compensation partner, you will act as the HR Compensation liaison with Sales Operations, Finance and Sales in sales compensation plandesign.
- Conduct global market pricing to establish OTE ranges annually and monitor them throughout the year.
- Partner closely with the recruiting organization and hiring managers to ensure sound, compelling and attractive offers are extended to secure the necessary sales talent to scale us to our projected growth in this challenging market.
- Provide daily support to the sales organization on compensation related matters, including any out of cycle salary actions, promotions, escalations and exceptions.
- Assist in managing global communication and change management for rolling out new sales compensation plans.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyze effectiveness of sales compensation programs.
- Monitor and implement changes to ensure compliance with global pay regulations.
- Participate in salary surveys as well as research for additional sources of quality market data.
- Conduct job evaluations to ensure that all jobs are appropriately graded, leveled and reflective of the market and FLSA laws.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- BS Degree plus 8+ years of human resources sales compensationexperience, preferably in a large multi-national company in the high technology sector.
- The ideal candidate will have a wide and varied skill set: an engaging personality, a thoughtful listener, an influential leader, an enthusiastic trainer, and a compelling communicator. You must also possess an analytical mind, have an organized work style, a keen eye for numbers and patterns, and the ability to work both strategically and tactically to carry out successful changes and programs.
- Expert knowledge of sales compensation plandesign.
- A working knowledge and awareness of labor laws related to pay.
- Solid consulting skills with project managementexperience.
- Advanced Excel skills.