Here's what you’ll be working on day-to-day:
- Implements and manages compliance assessments. Prioritizes risks and provides solutions and cost estimates to senior management for use in achieving compliance. Guide sites with their creation and implementation of environmental and/or safety systems/procedures to achieve compliance. This role will have a focus on Safety compliance.
- Design new and alternative manufacturing processes and techniques to solve unusual/complex/high risk problems to drive lower compliance and operating costs.
- Provide guidance and support to sites with responding to government agency violation notices. Supports Corporate/Groups with their assessments of environmental and/or safety contract clauses.
- Directs, develops, strategizes and implements advanced regulatory training programs and compliance tools for use throughout the organization. Programs/classes/tools are to help Moog bridge global compliance initiatives, cultures, and budgets within sites and across business groups.
- Creates and develops new corporate compliance initiatives, lessons learned, mind maps and other tools which senior management can implement to improve compliance and compliance costs throughout Moog.
- Assists the Director with management of Department initiatives, strategic planning and corporate services.
- Provides leadership within the Corporate Safety Engineering department in development of compliance tools, resources and mission success.
- Travel20% to assigned regional sites – including CA (Chatsworth, Torrance, Santa Barbara, Mountain View), UT (Salt Lake City), and AZ (Tempe). International sites include Sao Paolo, Brazil and Costa Rica.
At a minimum, you’ll need to meet these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience implementing and managing EHS programs
- Due to federal contractobligations, must be a US citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Prefer that the Bachelor’s Degree is in EHS, Industrial Safety, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, or other technical discipline
- 8+ years of experience implementing and managing Safety programs
- 2+ years of Environmental compliance experience
- Health & Safety compliance experience in a Manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Proficient with project management of long term and complex projects
- Experience with machinery safety (machine guarding, LOTO)
- Experience with internal and external audits
- Experience with OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001
- Knowledge of California Health and Safety regulations
- Knowledge of electrical safety and flammable liquids regulations
- CSP certification is a plus.