Provide advice and counsel to management and client organizations. Conduct special studies and analyses, develop alternatives and present recommendations to management. Research, analyze, develop and implement new strategies and/or programs in response to changing internal and external conditions
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Act as a subject matter expert for occupational health issues. Provide advice and guidance to management and business units on program and procedure development.
- Serve as a team member with health & safety specialists, industrial hygienist, trainers and operations personnel that work together to develop programs, and recognize, evaluate and control health and safety hazards
- Effectively manage projects; ensure delivery of program commitments.
- Gather, analyze and summarize health and safety data.
- Provide alternatives and recommendations regarding development or enhancement of programs or processes.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and client organizations.
- Manage and implement safety programs as required.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Bachelor?s Degree in Health Sciences or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years of professional nursing experience, and a current RN license.
- Experience in Occupational Health, case management, familiar with OSHA rules/regulations, workers compensation and become knowledgeable in company safety rules and requirements.
- An understanding and experience with administering a comprehensive occupational health program, program auditing, ergonomic assessments, medical case management, medical surveillance and audiometric testing.
- A thorough understanding of governmental compliance requirements along with the ability to train and coach all levels of management on occupational health issues is required.
- Expected to cross-train to gain proficiency in Industrial Hygiene and general safety, to become familiar with OSHA regulations, and become knowledgeable in company safety rules and requirements.
- Travel may be required.
Primary Location: Portland