We are seeking a Senior (Ruby) Engineer with demonstrated programming experience and a strong work ethic to join our rapidly growing team. We are looking for a programmer who takes pride in developing outstanding software and is constantly looking to improve the quality of his/her work.
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems that conform to PRA’s information technology principles, architecture, and strategies
- Participates in design sessions and provides input on the software solution.
- Debugs problems with information systems using a variety of analytical skills, techniques, and resources
- Follows directives and standards on programming style and documentation
- Provides training, technical support, and documentation of information systems to peers and end users
- Routinely communicates status (problems encountered, and time remaining to complete) to the team and stakeholders
- Act as a technical lead for a project, providing guidance on technical issues and design issues and mentor junior team members.
- Solid working knowledge of the Ruby language and the Rails framework is a must
- Understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns and how they apply to Ruby
- Solid understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance
- Experience creating RESTful APIs for integration with mobile apps and web sites
- Commitment to writing quality code through TDD - RSpec, Capybara, Phantom.JS
- Proficiency with Git as a source code management tool
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with an Agile-based work tracking system such as Atlassian Jira, Assembla, or Rally
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Desire to learn new technology and use that knowledge in producing world-class mobile apps
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Experience designing web-based user interfaces
- Solid understanding of one or more NOSQL databases - MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap or Zurb Foundation
- Knowledge of AWS, iOS SDK, Android SDK
- MS in computer science or equivalent preferred
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.