Sr RP ALARA Specialist - (207791)
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for leadership in implementing the station ALARA program including: Long term exposure reduction strategies, Outage Planning, Shielding and technology implementation evaluations and installation, source term removal and mitigation, processes and procedures required to implement effective ALARA controls, and the metrics associated with monitoring an ALARA program. This position has the capabilities of applying leadership and strategic focus to all facets of the ALARA program including performing and presenting business cases for program / site needed in CRE reduction.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Preparing and implementing ALARA planning, estimating, work group involvement and procedure implementation in accordance with Exelon procedure guidance for exposure reduction.
- Performance of assessments, corrective actions, benchmarking, and job evaluations with regards to ALARA processes and practices. Implement fleet and industry best practices.
- Perform independent, specific rolls such as outage planning, modification team leads, on-line planning, or other duties integral to the Radiation Protection ALARA program.
- Mentor and aid in the development of other RP personnel, site personnel, and contractors to insure that industry knowledge and Radiation Protection standards are transferred and embraced.
- Incorporate the fleet fundamentals into all work evolutions and actively coach and teach station personnel to maintain continual improvement
- BS degree in health physics or related science degree with 6 years professional experience in radiation protection
- Associate Degree in health physics or related science degree and 8 years of experience in radiation protection (three years must be exempt-level professional experience in radiation protection)
- High School Diploma and 10 years of experience in radiation protection (five years must be exempt-level professional experience in radiation protection)
- Successfully completed NRRPT or the CHP certifications
- Demonstrated communications ability both written and oral
- Health Physics Supervisory Experience
- In depth knowledge of plant systems and operations
- Will have budget accountability for projects, PRC/PHC presentations.
- Will have accountability to communicate with customers in determining best plans for exposure reduction
- Must independently assess and make field technical decisions with regards to job performance, assessments of conditions, and communication with all levels of management.
- Will utilize knowledge to strategically assess corrective actions to improve exposure reduction, contamination reduction and work efficiency.
- Must be able to perform public speaking, training classes, interface with regulators and engage the RP technicians. Ability to coach and perform critical observations.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor