Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 185 days ago
The Senior Risk Control Representative provides a full range of risk consulting services for all commercial lines. Conducts extensive research: collects, evaluates, and analyzes data in order to make recommendations for controlling customer’s potential sources of risk, loss, and/or costs.
Designs, analyzes, and directs services for problem, complex, or multi-location customers. Partners with underwriters by providing risk assessments that support and deliver sound business decisions. Consults with the customer to support identification and control of risk exposures.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Provides a full range of risk consulting services for all commercial lines customers.
2. Conducts extensive research: collects, evaluates, and analyzes data in order to make recommendations for controlling customer’s potential sources of risk, loss, and/or costs.
3. Plans, organizes and conducts risk evaluation(s) and risk consulting service(s), under limited supervision, for all commercial coverages and classes of risk. Utilizes skill and experience in risk control discipline(s) to evaluate and service more complex risks. Exercises judgment in analyzing risk selection factors and identification of major loss problems or potential concerns for underwriting.
4. Collaborates with underwriting and provides a complete risk assessment to support and deliver a sound business decision in risk selection, pricing and underwriting. Prepares and submits comprehensive reports, estimates of value, recommendations, and opinion of risk by line of business and the overall customer assessment to the appropriate business partner using the Loss Control Database.
5. Consults with the customer to support identification and control of risk exposures. Analyzes losses and develops improvement plans to supportrisk mitigation on key potential loss sources.
6. Controls loss exposure and costs, utilizing knowledge and experience of risk control, to create effective changes though submissions and implementation of recommendations or action steps on key risk issues. Communicates recommendations and action plans directly to the customer and supports compliance.
7. Develops and maintains solid business relationships with internal and external customers that support writing and retaining a profitable book of business.
8. Leads regular business meetings with agents to sell the value of Westfield Risk Control, promote growth, improve profitability, and support regional objectives.
9. Participates in product development, as well as department and corporate projects. Serves as a resource and subject matter expert to improve knowledge and provide expertise on risk control issues including assisting in the development of technical information.
10. Gives presentations to internal business partners and customers on risk control issues. Coordinates training for department, company, agents, and customers.
11. Maintains and advances knowledge in the field of risk services and related topics through professional development including training, attending and participating in seminars, working towards a professional designation, and/or similar activities that supportrisk control service capabilities and company results.
12. Maintains knowledge of relevant codes/standards, technology, and legislative issues as well as appropriate changes. Informs leader of activities and problems within the assigned area of responsibility; refers matters beyond area of authority to manager or appropriate channel for direction.
13. Travels as often as needed including regular utilization of assigned fleet vehicle in order to cover assigned territory. This may involve traveling on short notice or other daily driving duties as assigned regardless of location.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 5 or more years of loss control and/or industry-related experience.
2. 3 or more years of experience writing reports/letters and giving presentations.
3. 1 or more years of consultative experience and persuasion skills.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
6. Strong organizational skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
7. A bachelor’s degree in insurance/ finance, mathematics, engineering, or safety related field or related designation (e.g., CSP) or commensurate work experience.
8. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
• Ability to drive for extended periods of time, under a variety of conditions, including night driving.
• Ability to lift a minimum of up to 35 lbs.
• Ability to climb ladders and stairs.