UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named a Top Workplace for four consecutive years, and included on Forbes’ “America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
UFG is seeking a Senior Risk Control Consultant in order to solidify our growth plan for the Indiana Territory. As a Risk Control Consultant you will be working at an awarded Top Workplace. Here is how you will spend your days: Travel outside the office to conduct reviews of our insureds’ property and operations. Your keen ability to identify and report on-site hazards will help avoid loss to property, workers compensation, inland marine, auto and general liability coverages. Your reports will include risk improvement recommendations that you deliver utilizing your customer service skills. Through strong verbal communication, you will conduct safety meetings and presentations to insureds and agents. Your efforts will help build positive relationships with these key audiences. UFG supports team effort, and you will work closely in a supportive atmosphere with our underwriting, claims and other loss control colleagues to drive our company’s success.
The candidate must reside within a commutable distance of the assigned territory. Ideal locations include Lexington or Louisville, KY.
- Sell, develop, and implement risk improvement to service and retain accounts
- Timely follow-up and resolution of below average/poor accounts
- Rate line of coverage
- Provide description of operations, evaluate exposures and controls, and make appropriate recs for deficiencies identified
- Complete base cause of loss analysis on prospective and written accounts
- Complete service planners for Risk Improvement Accounts
- Complete required forms and reports including description of operations, exposure & control evaluations, line of coverage grading, risk improvement evaluations, recommendations submission, problem identification and large line coordination, Loss Control Reports, Work Logs, Expense Accounts, and itinerary’s
- Train and guide insureds and agents in techniques of loss exposure reduction through risk improvement methods
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A four-year college degree
- 7+ years of risk control experience and/or private industry
- Effective communication & negotiation skills both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, customers, agents, company staff and general public.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules
- Negotiate changes in terrain around buildings and entire premises
- Understand building construction classifications and building appraisal applications
- Knowledge of commercial liability, property and auto coverage’s and exposures which may lead to losses
- Know how to reduce/correct hazards
- Knowledge of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), General Industry and Construction Regulations, NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) and FMCR (Federal Motor Carrier Regulations)
- Knowledge of Loss Control and Claims cost containment programs
- Completion of CSP, ARM or ALCM program is desired.