Sr. Risk Analyst - Markets Credit
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago is seeking an experienced Senior Risk Analyst to join its Markets Credit group. The group is responsible for identifying, evaluating, measuring and monitoring key credit risks related to the Bank?s investment portfolio, its MPF business line, and its members' pledged collateral. The primary responsibility of the new analyst is to assess and monitor the credit risk of the Bank?s pledged collateral portfolio.
The Bank?s pledged collateral portfolio consists of fixed income securities and whole loans with varying credit risk profiles. The type of assets range from high quality government guaranteed assets to more credit sensitive residential and commercial backed loans. A successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of security and loan markets, regulatory compliance, transaction structures, and mortgage underwriting, preferably with an emphasis on commercial real estate loans.
General Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leverage knowledge of security and loan markets, regulatory compliance, transaction structures, and mortgage underwriting to evaluate the credit risk of the Bank?s pledged collateral portfolio.
- Perform analytics and risk assessment on a large residential & commercial whole loan mortgage portfolio through the use of cash flow modeling, examination of loan level characteristics and risk structure analysis.
- Assess how credit risks impacting various fixed income markets affect the collateral pledged to the Bank
- Analyze and report on trends in the Bank?s collateral portfolio
- Provide support or expertise in other areas of the Credit group.
- Actively identify process improvement opportunities.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the fixed income securities or secondary mortgage markets in a Financial or Risk based role.
- Ability to evaluate and document new security or whole loan assets by identify inherent risks.
- Experience analyzing mortgage pools for various credit risk factors and ability to streamline and automate consumption of key data from large and complex sources to supportrisk analysis of the Bank?s mortgage program, is preferred.
- Knowledge of ?best practices? within the secondary mortgage market as it relates to credit underwriting, documentation and compliance testing.
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Suite, especially Excel, is required.
- Bachelor?s degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or other business-related discipline. MBA or other Master?s level degreepreferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
- Ability to work independently, accurately and to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients and industry professionals.
- Candidate must be motivated to learn and succeed in a demanding environment that requires solutions to complex challenges.
- Candidate must work well in a team environment.