Description: Senior RF Engineer
We are currently seeking a Sr. RF Systems Engineer
in our Northampton, MA
You will demonstrate success by:
- Synthesizing and defining RF system designs for complex electro-optical and electro-mechanical solutions.
- Coordinating system level requirements and ensure that technical obligations are fulfilled.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management.
- Managing complex projects or processes with general oversight.
- Communicating within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Making moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes.
- Contributing to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Coordinate system level requirements internally and among subcontractors and suppliers.
- Work with Project Engineer, other engineers and other departments to ensure that all technical contractual obligations are fulfilled.
- Ensure adherence to Quality Systems Manual and applicable Standard Work Instructions.
- Adhere to budget and schedule commitments.
- Design and develop microwave components, circuits and subsystems for multidisciplinary products applications.
- Perform engineering design analysis to establish validity of designs.
- Prepare and review design documentation in accordance with contract requirements and/or internal standards.
- Lead and support the assembly and integration of products/systems containing microwave components or subsystems.
- Draft technical performance specifications and assist Purchasing Department with procurement of items as necessary
- Leads technical analysis and design with customers and suppliers
- Design or specify test procedures and test equipment (including Vector Network Analyzers, Noise Figure Meters, and Spectrum Analyzers) and provide technical assistance to Technical Specialist or test personnel during testing of prototype and production hardware.
- Support Production Floor for system integration and test
- Conduct or coordinate RF system cascade analysis, trade studies, and complex design risk trade-off analysis.
- Coordinate and lead design reviews of new or existing designs prepare/present complex internal and external design reviews.
- Capable of providing technical supervision and training/mentoring to lower level engineers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Microwave or Systems Engineering or Physics
- 5-8 years of experience with Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline outlined above
- 3-6 years of experience with a Master's Degree in Engineering discipline outlined above
- 0-3 years of experience with PhD or JD in Engineering discipline outlined above
- Highest capability and efficiency in using computer tools
- Active US Secret Clearance at the time of hire
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Works in a typical office environment with exposure to light manufacturing environment
- Light domestic and international travel environments - up to 25%
- Software used: Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint, Outlook E-mail
- Technical Software Used: Mathcad, MATLAB, SysCalc
- The use of safety equipment (PPE) is required in designated areas
- Must be able to sit or stand for up to nine hours
- Fine motor dexterity
- Hand-eye coordination
- Concentrated mental/visual demand
- Capable of traveling domestically and internationally