Job Description :
Lockheed Martin is seeking an RF Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, TX to act as the Program RF/Radar Engineer. The RF Engineer will be responsible for development, design, integration, and test of electrical components, equipment, and systems related to RF and Radar Systems Engineering on a Ground Based Radar Program that is beginning EMD phase.
The candidate must be willing to accept a variety of work assignments starting with requirements and architecture phases all the way to delivery of a Production Representative Article of the ground-based radar system.
- Support two integrated product teams as the RF engineer on the program.
- Support requirements derivation to subsystem designs.
- Support trade studies, presentations, proposals and related activities as required.
- Technical oversight of Suppliers.
- Travel to customer locations and field tests.
- Travel to subcontractors for reviews, troubleshooting, and acceptance testing.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth.
The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth.
These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- 6+ years professional experience working with Radar Systems.
- Must be familiar with RF circuit design and components to include RF PWB production issues, RF circuit testing and troubleshooting and RF Antenna knowledge, enough to work with the supplier.
- Experience in most of the following is desired: RF system and subsystem design, integration, and test; basic radar design and theory of operation; radar systems analysis using Excel and MATLAB (required) for Requirements margin budget; CFAR analysis; producibility analysis (desired); software-driven radar operations; communication and link budget analysis; Radar Range equation (2-way); signal processing (modulation schemes, etc); ESA antenna calibration.
- Ability to perform design from RF system/subsystem performance requirements
- Ability to use RF test equipment and design tools to support integration and test (EMD phase) data processing and analysis.
- Ability to work well in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Clear, confident, concise, coherent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel to customer locations and field tests.
- Laboratory experience with Microwave tube technology.
- Laboratory experience with Electronically Scanned Arrays.
- Familiar with typical defense-industry business practices.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with creating presentation charts and general status reports, and delivering presentations to customers Experience conducting manpower estimating.
- Experience with writing white papers for proposals.
- Experience with developing and implementing corrective action plans.
- Ability to lead supplier designs.