$100K — $150K *
RF Applications Engineering is chartered to design, provide, and support RF semiconductor test solutions. These test solutions are used in mass production of RF Power Amplifiers, WLAN transceivers, cell phone transceivers, digital satellite tuners, MCU’s with integrated RF transceivers and other RF devices. The test solution consists of semi-custom hardware and software that allows the standard test system to interface to, electrically stimulate and measure the response of the customers' specific semiconductor device while optimizing trade-offs between test execution speed and accuracy. Test solutions are typically in the DC to 8GHz range and can extend into the millimeter wave range for 5G, 802.11ad, and Automotive Radar.
RF Applications Engineers are the super-users of the standard test system. Therefore, these engineers are called on to develop innovative, complex techniques for conducting intricate and multifaceted measurements. The spend time working directly with the customer at the customer site or via remote methods to develop test solutions and release them to production.
They are consulted on and actively participate in internal system development projects, customer development projects and problem resolution. In addition, they will occasionally provide guidance to customers' Device Designers and Test Engineers in the area of Design for Testability. Additional opportunities available to the Applications Engineer include demonstrating their proficiency in specific areas by conducting product demonstrations for customers and authoring and presenting technical articles and papers.
This RF Applications Position involves a lot of direct support for the customer. Much of this support will be on site working directly with customers in Southern California to bring RF devices to production.
• Strong RF Test knowledge, DC to 8GHz.
• Strong Analog, Digital and RF circuit design knowledge
• Strong engineering problem solving methodology
• Strong communications skills
• Software development in a high-level programming language such as C++
• Working knowledge of digital signal processing (DSP) methods
• Familiarity with the application of statistical analysis techniques
• Exposure to LINUX workstations and associated software applications preferred
• Special projects, as assigned
• Ensure smooth cooperation among all Cohu divisions and departments through team-work.
• Co-operate with the Applications Team worldwide to meet goals, objectives and functions as defined above.
• Participate frequently in customer meetings and foster all levels of communications with customer
• Focus on existing business processes and their appropriate usage as well on continued improvement of existing processes
• Report SPR’s (system performance reports) upon detecting any issues on the tester operating systems
• Write application notes and papers for internal use as well propose papers for exhibitions and public events
• BSEE degree or similar education
• Experience/Knowledge in two or more of the listed disciplines: RF technology; Digital; Mixed Signal Test + DSP; Power Automotive; DFT (Design for Testability)
• 5-10 years’ experience in the ATE and/or semiconductor industry
• Successful execution of turn-key projects. Solid background in minimum two technology fields.
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Programming skills, good understanding of electronics and electrical engineering, creative, communicative, flexible, organized, willing to learn, willingness to travel, collaborate with other cultures, able to work in international teams.
Valid through: 4/25/2021